Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say that I am not surprised if that is true. Many noticed a number of missing lights after the building was completed and just assumed they were broke or being adjusted but considering an earlier statement where it was said that Duke was going to go for more subdued lighting I kind of was expecting this.

I think they should do up the handle like an arc of electricity. It looks like a giant taser to me :).

I know people probably prefer the Voltron or the Handle, but while I was looking at the building tonight (handle lit up in orange), I really think it should be called the "Taser". But that's just me.

I suppose Wells Fargo decided to tone down the tower lighting. I just wonder why they did all of those months of testing if they were just going to remove the lighting.

That's amazing. It's not like they're saving any money, I assume they are already paid for. I'm sure they could have just not used them. I wonder if there is anybody out there who knows exactly what the story is.

That's amazing. It's not like they're saving any money, I assume they are already paid for. I'm sure they could have just not used them. I wonder if there is anybody out there who knows exactly what the story is.

My guess is that they weren't happy with the lights as installed and are changing them out to something more to their liking. Test patterns of red & white are still being run on the top portion of the tower plus if they were going to remove them then they wouldn't have left the wiring connections dangling from the windows.

I noticed that Duke Energy has applied for a building permit to build a temporary trading floor in their existing HQ (the Energy Building). 2 questions for anyone that knows.

Does Duke Energy currently have a trading desk in Charlotte? I thought all that activity was in Houston.

Is it likely since they are building a temporary trading floor in the Energy Building, that they will build a permanent one in the DEC?

I noticed that Duke Energy has applied for a building permit to build a temporary trading floor in their existing HQ (the Energy Building). 2 questions for anyone that knows.

Does Duke Energy currently have a trading desk in Charlotte? I thought all that activity was in Houston.

Is it likely since they are building a temporary trading floor in the Energy Building, that they will build a permanent one in the DEC?

Atirvr,

I am trying to track this permit down. Do you have the permit number, or can you tell me where you saw it.

No permit has been issued yet, which is why you haven't seen it. Here is a link to their application review. It's filed as a commercial technical advisory, which I'm not exactly sure what that entails, but I believe it is used for upfitting space when there is no major structural changes, but need signoff to make sure they stay within code.

http://webpermit.mecklenburgcountync.gov/ldweb/statmap.asp?Graphics=X&ID=308917

My guess is that they weren't happy with the lights as installed and are changing them out to something more to their liking. Test patterns of red & white are still being run on the top portion of the tower plus if they were going to remove them then they wouldn't have left the wiring connections dangling from the windows.

I noticed last night that multi-colored test patterns were going again on the lower floors of the corner facing the Ally building.

Archived