Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

lots of action with the Duke Energy tower tonight. All red to Orange & Blue. It's some much needed color for Charlotte's skyline. Hopefully we'll get some red, white, and green for the tri-colores tomorrow. I'll be at the Mex/Ice game so I'm sure it will make a huge impression.

Hoping for some bright orange as the Bobcats make their way to the playoffs....

CC

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't happy with the other product so it was removed. They will be installing new lights (full color capability) on all corners using the same electrical boxes that are currently there. I noticed they were testing the lowest spot on the northwest corner by the green roof the other night leaving my office. All in due time!

They had the whole top lit up last night including the "V" sections, and around 10pm when I saw it, they were using a steady white. No other colors. It was a much more subtle white that the last one I complained about, and it looked sharp. I have a photo on my phone that I'll post, though it was taken from so far away that it really doesn't do it justice.

Could someone PLEASE take some good quality pic's of the DEC with the top lit up. I can barely see it on one of WSOC's weather webcams, and some good quality shots from the front would be awesome!! Thanks in advance grin.png

I plan on getting some shots of the new skyline this weekend, maybe Saturday night. I will post one (although not a pro shot) as soon as I get one. This building does make a nice impact on the skyline, and I am starting to like the blue-ish, white shade they are using on the top.

I wish they would have put LEDs at the ends of the handle portion so there wouldn't be that odd shadow on each end. Just looks incomplete to me. I love the lighting as a whole, but the shadow leaves me wanting a little more.

I wish they would have put LEDs at the ends of the handle portion so there wouldn't be that odd shadow on each end. Just looks incomplete to me. I love the lighting as a whole, but the shadow leaves me wanting a little more.

Freud alert: From that angle it reminds me of a certain part of the female anatomy. A nice contrast to the usual phallic interpretations of skyscrapers.

(sorry to drag this down to a jr high level)

Freud alert: From that angle it reminds me of a certain part of the female anatomy. A nice contrast to the usual phallic interpretations of skyscrapers.

Actually I think this is a very interesting observation, one I wouldn't have considered.

If the economy wouldn't have tanked, imagine what the complex would have looked like, had the majestic condo tower been built.

Archived