Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• 8 months later...

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Looks like the Fit + Flex workout studio occupying the big space at the corner of Stonewall and Chuch has been vacated.  This is a great opportunity for carving that space into 2 more spots for more retail (though likely restaurants).  Certainly anything would activate the space more than that studio that never seemed to have anyone in it.

• 3 months later...

Cool...wow...I didn't know the core infracture (primarily elevator banks) were designe to handle office loads, but I suppose if its < 20 stories, maybe.

I hope its for further Wells Fargo expansion in Charlotte.

I actually find it disappointing. As much momentum as this side of town has, it, In my opinion does not have enough residents, It could really use some more residential growth. I understand the "Ball park neighborhood" is growing but I'd like for residential to be evenly distributed everywhere. 

I rather have office tower after office tower ASAP because I think jobs is what will make center city continue to boom hotel & residential wise.

But... All I know is as long as Crescent & 300 South Tryon are built, I'll be happy and the other office towers will be icing on the cake.

Edit: Was it you, SouthSlider, that broke the news/hinted of 300 South Tryon?

I rather have office tower after office tower ASAP because I think jobs is what will make center city continue to boom hotel & residential wise.

But... All I know is as long as Crescent & 300 South Tryon are built, I'll be happy and the other office towers will be icing on the cake.

I think it was Dubone and I, when we found the drawings, and the letter of intent. I could be wrong.

There should definitely enough parking, since there was originally going to be a massive condo tower, but I'm skeptical about there being enough elevators for a sizable tower...

Completely agree.  There is a pretty large urban area where you can have dense/urban residential neighborhoods, but a relatively small area where you can do Class A office space, and that office space will provide the workforce that wants urban residential...more Uptown jobs = more urban Charlotte.

I probably prefer office first, then hotel, then condo, then apartments.

Had to dig a little to find this thread. The one originally for the condo tower was closed. And maybe there's a Mint Museum thread somewhere? But anyhow, there may be another office tower soon rising over Uptown Charlotte.

So where did you get this info? Out of curiosity. 

And on the back of DEC, not the Mint.

Woah, you had me until this comment.  I really hope it is at the [air rights] foundation that the condo was supposed to go at 1st (Levine) and Church and not some retrofit tower above the mid-rise section of the DEC itself.   

Woah, you had me until this comment.  I really hope it is at the [air rights] foundation that the condo was supposed to go at 1st (Levine) and Church and not some retrofit tower above the mid-rise section of the DEC itself.   

Guess they don't care about their green roof anymore...

Archived