The 2009 UP Predictions Thread

GRDadof3

Getting this back on topic.

I would love to go with an optimistic prediction. But the recession seems to have brought things back down to earthly levels. 2009 will still be a big construction year, but it will be from projects already under construction such as the Medical Mile projects and projects committed to beyond the point of no turning back such as Gallery on Fulton. Any new projects that may pop up will be more modest in scale. Icon on bond will be sold to another investor, or converted into rental apartments. Also I'm expecting one or more the hotel proposals to get delayed, tabled, or canceled due to the bad economy. The Bob development might get scaled back to something more modest. So sorry 'scraper fanatics, no big building for the Bob.

On the plus side, if Obama gets his stimulus package passed, 2009 could see the start some infrastructure improvements and upgrades. However given the governments track record over the past 8 years, I'm on a holding pattern when it comes to getting my hopes up on that.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting this back on topic.

I would love to go with an optimistic prediction. But the recession seems to have brought things back down to earthly levels. 2009 will still be a big construction year, but it will be from projects already under construction such as the Medical Mile projects and projects committed to beyond the point of no turning back such as Gallery on Fulton. Any new projects that may pop up will be more modest in scale. Icon on bond will be sold to another investor, or converted into rental apartments. Also I'm expecting one or more the hotel proposals to get delayed, tabled, or canceled due to the bad economy. The Bob development might get scaled back to something more modest. So sorry 'scraper fanatics, no big building for the Bob.

On the plus side, if Obama gets his stimulus package passed, 2009 could see the start some infrastructure improvements and upgrades. However given the governments track record over the past 8 years, I'm on a holding pattern when it comes to getting my hopes up on that.

Archived