Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kota16

Australia's CH7 "Sunrise' from Hawaii

kota16    0

Channel 7 of Australia is in Hawaii for 7 days doing live morning programs for its 'Sunrise' morning news and events telecast from 6am to 9am (AET).The team were flown to Honolulu with Qantas from Sydney, and started with a very colourful talk with people on the beach at Waikiki, from the Sheriton Surfrider Hotel.The 4 hour time difference works well, as it means plenty of life to be seen as the whole of Australia gets out of bed. :D

Cotuit    0

Isn't it actually a 28 hour time difference on account of the international date line?

kota16    0

Hey Cotuit, Yes you are correct as the day begins near Fiji and ends near Hawaii,with the international dateline. This morning, wednesday June 30th I rose at 6.00am to watch 'Sunrise' from Pearl Harbour. But it is 10am on tuesday 29th in Honolulu. Sorry that I am not posting some pics from the tv screen. Apart from the new hirise buildings, the lifestyle is still about the 'Aloha Spirit' :D .

urbanguy    0

^Aloha kota yeah i heard about this recently but unfortunately i cant see what they've broadcast back to Australia haha I kind of wish i could see some of the places theyve gone to and stuff.... :(