Council member takes on new bikini bar

bobliocatt

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the goings on around the building as i drive by it everyday, and i must say it looks very suspicious. That building has never been very successful in the past, so maybe this restaurant will be out fairly soon. Its predecessors that failed were a series of gay bars and one straight bar.

Where exactly is this bar? Hendricks or San Marco Blvd? While many may not agree, the owners aren't violating the law, so they should be allowed to operate, although its not everybody's ideal type of restaurant ....err strip club. If the local market doesn't want it, it won't be supported and will close anyway. On the other hand, maybe they ought to direct him to Bay Street. There's a lot of space for clubs there and a bikini bar is something thats definately different from Eclate or the Orchid Ultra Club.

^the owners don't care about the neighborhood. They're just trying to make a quick buck with the super bowl coming. Jax is in the big leagues now, this type of stuff happens. The city may need to look at making a zone where it wouldn't mind this type of establishment to operate and study re-zoning San Marco, if it doesn't want places like Diamond Dolls to operate there.

Archived