GW Fins now closed

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually went there for New Year's Eve dinner, and while the food was realy good (I had an Ahi tuna dish that was incredible), the service sucked horribly. For that price, I expected better service but instead got a waitress that took 20 minutes to deliver a martini and couldn't tell us anything about the menu. Good riddance.

I'm sure the service was bad at New Years as they were nearing their demise and had probably already cut staff considerably. You would not say good riddance if you went there before they started struggling.

When I went last February, the service was amazing and everything about the meal was perfect. I loved the fresh biscuits they constantly brought out fresh off the pan! It was definitely a pricey place, though, and I think hit the market right when other expensive places were coming in and during a bad year economically. It is a odd spot only because Tryon north of 9th is still so dead so you don't get many people walking past that just pop in.

During the $30 week last year, a few of us went, but I thought it was decently filled. I guess it was a weekend day.

I hope it doesn't cast a spell over that location. Also, I hope that whoever takes the spot doesn't completely gut and rebuilt the interior like GW Fins did to the Pallamino setup. It seems awfully wasteful, although I did understand the desire to build a more obvious entrance.

Archived