Georgetown Twp. To Possibly Consider DDA?

NorthCoast

What a total buzzkill about Chick'n Lick'n. That place had good nosh. As a former Jenison resident I can say that I found the TGUIJ blog to be hilarious. The comment about Maplewood Lake was priceless. You couldn't pay me to eat a fish out of that pond.

Anywho, I never did figure out if Jenison's downtown was at Baldwin & Cottonwood around the Meijer or further west at Baldwin and 20th Avenue around the D&W. It's got to be somewhere along Baldwin because that's the streets the parades always drive down and everyone knows that parades go through the downtown.

I will say this though, as far as bedroom communities go I you could do worse than Jenison. One other thing about that area. It always seemed like there was a heavy concentration of duplexes around there. Hmm.

:dontknow:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a train station serve as a hub for a transit oriented village. I'm mostly seeing a town center on Main Street north of M-21. The

same concept could be utilized further down line for another station in Georgetown and one at Hudsonville.

Wow! Talk about being short-sighted. I get the feeling this idiot doesn't plan for the future in any sort of way. That's the kind of thinking Georgetown Township needs in an economic downturn. It's like saying, "here, let's keep walking till we walk off the cliff." This letter is completely typical of many die hard suburbanites. I don't believe this guy understands the boom and bust cycles of suburban living.

Cheap land and low taxes -> increase in suburban developments -> more taxes for maintainance of suburban developments -> flight of middle class out of old suburbs due to increasing maintance taxes -> older suburbs become wastelands of crime and lack of investment.

Wow! Talk about being short-sighted. I get the feeling this idiot doesn't plan for the future in any sort of way. That's the kind of thinking Georgetown Township needs in an economic downturn. It's like saying, "here, let's keep walking till we walk off the cliff." This letter is completely typical of many die hard suburbanites. I don't believe this guy understands the boom and bust cycles of suburban living.

Cheap land and low taxes -> increase in suburban developments -> more taxes for maintainance of suburban developments -> flight of middle class out of old suburbs due to increasing maintance taxes -> older suburbs become wastelands of crime and lack of investment.

Archived