Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janrey

Circuit City to close all stores

14 posts in this topic

Just read that Circuit City will be liquidating all stores. This means that the Greenville area will now have 2 empty big box stores, along with a now empty Linens & Things and some smaller stores.

The Haywood Mall location was so close and convenient. :(

Yay! I have always hated CC...they've always given me hell with their return policies. Won't be missed by me.

Seen on the news that the liquidators will be there tomorrow morning (Sat.) As much as I dislike Circuit City I just may go see what kind of deals they have.

Just read that Circuit City will be liquidating all stores. This means that the Greenville area will now have 2 empty big box stores, along with a now empty Linens & Things and some smaller stores.

^ Yep, Goody's is totally shutting down and liquidating all store locations as well. Lots of big box space available nationally at the moment.

Scoped both stores out this morning. Sad to see them going, especially Woods Crossing. Both stores were busy with lines all over the place, Woods Crossing seemed a bit more crowded but it may be the store layout. Most of the computers are already gone....thing is, people were all over the place thinking they were getting good deals and most stuff was just 10% off. There was still a good bit of music, DVDs, etc but the TVs, computers, etc were going really fast.

On a side note, went to the Haywood Mall as well, in between stores. Really scary there. Food court has 3 or 4 empty spaces and I counted over 25 stores around 11:30-12:00 with nobody in them at all except employees. Nobody was buying, the mall almost seemed, traffic-wise, like Greenville Mall before its closure. Scary.

On a side note, went to the Haywood Mall as well, in between stores. Really scary there. Food court has 3 or 4 empty spaces and I counted over 25 stores around 11:30-12:00 with nobody in them at all except employees. Nobody was buying, the mall almost seemed, traffic-wise, like Greenville Mall before its closure. Scary.

went by the Woods Crossing store yesterday....all DVDs CDs and Blu-Rays were 20% off but we're also marked back up to MSRP <_< , so you could still get them cheaper somewhere else...

went by the Woods Crossing store yesterday....all DVDs CDs and Blu-Rays were 20% off but we're also marked back up to MSRP <_< , so you could still get them cheaper somewhere else...

some of the prices were pretty bad, thats why we only bought what we did, I knew it wasnt a bad deal. But the movie section was a terrible rip off. Video games were only 10% off, so no fantastic deal there either...but it was obvious that a lot of people had no idea as there were pretty long lines at all registers.