social networking in downtown orlando?

Hisma

Where are some good places to meet like-minded folks in downtown orlando? Does anyone know of any social clubs, get-togethers, meetings, things of that nature?

I just moved downtown, but now I don't know anyone around here & I'm not that into going to bars & clubs by myself. So being new to the city, what is a good way to go about making new friends? I figure downtown orlando has to have some sort of art or music-related scenes which would be right up my alley. Anything would help. thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are some good places to meet like-minded folks in downtown orlando? Does anyone know of any social clubs, get-togethers, meetings, things of that nature?

I just moved downtown, but now I don't know anyone around here & I'm not that into going to bars & clubs by myself. So being new to the city, what is a good way to go about making new friends? I figure downtown orlando has to have some sort of art or music-related scenes which would be right up my alley. Anything would help. thanks!

Although it is in Lake Formosa and not the CBD, you may be interested in this...

"Lounge" is a new weekly event presented by
, the new school for creativity in Orlando. Lounge is a hang out for artists and art lovers alike to chill, drink, and socialize. Though it's not required, feel free to bring something creative share. It could be a poem, a song, a painting, or even a plug for an artistic event we shouldn't miss. No cover. 21+ only.

Lounge is held every Sunday evening 8pm - 11pm at
, 1412 Dauphin Lane

Orlando, FL 32803. More info: 407-272-9792 or

Archived