Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

queensguy06

New York -> Charlotte flight ditched in Hudson River

12 posts in this topic

The news is showing live images of a US Airways A-320 on its way to Charlotte from LGA crashed into the Hudson River. It looks as though the plane made a rather good landing on the river and the plane is still afloat at the moment.

Sounds as if an Airbus A320 has gone down into the Hudson River. At the time I time this USAir says it is unaware of the incident but is investigating. This plane was heading to Charlotte and had 146 people on it.

Sounds as if an Airbus A320 has gone down into the Hudson River. At the time I time this USAir says it is unaware of the incident but is investigating. This plane was heading to Charlotte and had 146 people on it.

Seems atm that people are ok.

On all the news stations initially it was that the plane was headed to Charlotte, then right about the same time on all 3 major news channels it went to Charlotte, N.C.

I also like how Fox News is the only channel that keeps reiterating that the FBI does not believe this was a terrorist attack :rolleyes:

Since everyone appears to be ok (thankfully), I was watching for the Charlotte angle. CNN just stated Charlotte (no NC).

Its amazing that they safely landed and that everyone is ok, air temp is 21 degrees and the water is 42.

I am watching CNN at the moment and they are definitely going with the "LaGuardia to Charlotte, N.C." tag.

Either way, they keep saying that the NTSB is saying it will be a long investigation. Now I know these things take time, but the pilot radioed to the tower that he hit a bird(s). Why would this be a long investigation?

I am watching CNN at the moment and they are definitely going with the "LaGuardia to Charlotte, N.C." tag.

Either way, they keep saying that the NTSB is saying it will be a long investigation. Now I know these things take time, but the pilot radioed to the tower that he hit a bird(s). Why would this be a long investigation?

On all the news stations initially it was that the plane was headed to Charlotte, then right about the same time on all 3 major news channels it went to Charlotte, N.C.

I also like how Fox News is the only channel that keeps reiterating that the FBI does not believe this was a terrorist attack :rolleyes:

The Pilot and the ferry boat captains who rushed to the plane without being told to do so.

Maybe it's just me, but I am annoyed by the media referring to it as a 'crash' landing. This seems to me an insult to this pilot who did an outstanding job of water-landing an A320 under no power and having everyone walking away with the plane virtually intact.

(Maybe this should move to the Coffee House. . . .)

I was glad to see that most sources that I consulted did not say 'NC.' With that said, glad that everyone survived this.