HARTFORD CORRUPTION ARRESTS

watching hartford

Indications are that the results of the Hartford Corruption investigation will begin as early as tomorrow as targets of the Grand Jury investigating the Perez Administration will surrender tomorrow morning to investigators from the States Attorneys office. Several sources have confirmed that Perez and Carlos Costa as well as other City Hall personnel and council people will face charges

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the heart of it. Costa turned on the mayor. Eddie is in deep do doo.

"According to the warrants, Mr. Costa was approached by the Mayor and did not expect to be paid for the renovation work. Furthermore, Mr. Costa believed he would have been “’black balled’ as a contractor in the City” if he had not done the work for free, according to the warrants."

my biggest worries are regarding finding a mayor that has dreams as big as eddie does.

I want NHL back and I like Eddie thing hartford has a chance to attract anything here...

but if we get a mayor who capitulates to the burbs, and thinks small and still sucks at luring business here I will be pissed

If you want to bring back the Whalers...make the city better. Root out the corruption, lower the crime rate, attract new businesses and encourage existing business to grow. Create jobs and have the city flourish, then it will be an easy task to attract the NHL.

If none of those things are done, the city will have trouble supporting a team.

In short, put the horse in front of the cart.

If you want to bring back the Whalers...make the city better. Root out the corruption, lower the crime rate, attract new businesses and encourage existing business to grow. Create jobs and have the city flourish, then it will be an easy task to attract the NHL.

If none of those things are done, the city will have trouble supporting a team.

In short, put the horse in front of the cart.

This is a very sad time for Hartford. We could have done better and elected Mathews last go round, but oh well. I hope that Kennedy, Ritter, and Seggara are able to convince Cotto and Duetch and one more council member to remove Torres. It will not be Winch and obviously not Torres, so that only leaves Aiery-Wilson, who also was investigated. It is a toss up at this point what happens with the council and the succession to be mayor if Eddie steps down or is convicted. I'm not sure that I want anyone on the council to be mayor, but those are the breaks. I just hope that our next mayor will have a grand vision for the city. At least Perez thought big, I will be very disapointed to be stuck with a small thinking, minor city thinking type of mayor.

This is a very sad time for Hartford. We could have done better and elected Mathews last go round, but oh well. I hope that Kennedy, Ritter, and Seggara are able to convince Cotto and Duetch and one more council member to remove Torres. It will not be Winch and obviously not Torres, so that only leaves Aiery-Wilson, who also was investigated. It is a toss up at this point what happens with the council and the succession to be mayor if Eddie steps down or is convicted. I'm not sure that I want anyone on the council to be mayor, but those are the breaks. I just hope that our next mayor will have a grand vision for the city. At least Perez thought big, I will be very disapointed to be stuck with a small thinking, minor city thinking type of mayor.

It looks to me that the council will make the change

3 democrats spearheading the revolt. add in the lone republican who would strike a little deal with ritter or whomever because they are certainly more moderate than perez, and add in the 2 from the working families party. you got 6

torres is done.

The right Republican might be able to win in Hartford under the right circumstances. I don't think it has a chance at happening in today's climate though. On a municipal level I have no qualms with Republicans, that seems to be where they do best honestly. In a city like Hartford it's all about connecting with the small pool of voters that we get to show up to the polls, so really anyone who can figure out how to do it effectively has a shot. In the last election Mathews would have surely been the most pro-business candidate given his education and corporate background. The campaign did not do enough to convince the voters though. I am inlclined to want someone like that in the office not that I have anything against a more activist mayor, that is just not what Hartford really needs now.

Archived