Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJW

Media News for NWA/FSM

7 posts in this topic

We've cracked the Top 100 DMA list!

(EDIT: Looks like we passed two rust belt/edge of rust belt cities (Altoona/Johnstown/State College, PA and Evansville, IN) to get to 100. Again, 22 years ago we were hovering around ranking 200, so this shows what kind of progress we've made. What I'm curious on is if a county has been added to our DMA or not.)

Direct tv carries our locals in hi def now and even Dish will have them (in hd) in a few weeks. Maybe we'll get a news helicopter!

Cool! I'd like to see one of the locals have a hi def local news show. I imagine if one did they would all do so or drop their news altogether. Surprising that Little Rock was 56th- that's really impressive.

Cool! I'd like to see one of the locals have a hi def local news show. I imagine if one did they would all do so or drop their news altogether. Surprising that Little Rock was 56th- that's really impressive.

Most of the state is in Little Rock's DMA though. It will be a few years until we have a local HD news show, too many things need to be upgraded for it to happen quickly. Just the equipment to put the onscreen weather updates in HD was many thousands of dollars and not all of them even do that yet.

We've cracked the Top 100 DMA list!

(EDIT: Looks like we passed two rust belt/edge of rust belt cities (Altoona/Johnstown/State College, PA and Evansville, IN) to get to 100. Again, 22 years ago we were hovering around ranking 200, so this shows what kind of progress we've made. What I'm curious on is if a county has been added to our DMA or not.)

Thanks, Mith. I'd been away for awhile myself.

Most of the state is in Little Rock's DMA though. It will be a few years until we have a local HD news show, too many things need to be upgraded for it to happen quickly. Just the equipment to put the onscreen weather updates in HD was many thousands of dollars and not all of them even do that yet.