Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Project Tank

12 posts in this topic

Anyone heard of "Project Tank"?

WYFF just did a story on the amount of economic development going on in Greenville at the moment. It was a shocking high number, considering the national economy. 19 projects (some of which are on hold due to the economy).

They mentioned Project Teal, which we know is Samsung.

Then they mentioned Project Tank....multi million, hundreds of jobs,......

Anyone know anything?

From what I heard today, Project Tank does involve both white collar and manufacturing jobs in possible multiple locations. Haven't found out much more than that. Anyone know more?

From what I heard today, Project Tank does involve both white collar and manufacturing jobs in possible multiple locations. Haven't found out much more than that. Anyone know more?

Project Tank is not Carbon Motors. It is aviation related. Still a lot of red tape to get through before anything happens with it. That's all I can say at this time.

Anyone heard of "Project Tank"?

WYFF just did a story on the amount of economic development going on in Greenville at the moment. It was a shocking high number, considering the national economy. 19 projects (some of which are on hold due to the economy).

They mentioned Project Teal, which we know is Samsung.

Then they mentioned Project Tank....multi million, hundreds of jobs,......

Anyone know anything?

I don't know how many jobs it will create, but I do know that it does not involve the new USAF tanker contract awarded to Airbus.

I have been reading the forum for a few years , but this is my first post. I am not someone in the know. I do read and try to put things together. I believe the name "Project Tank " gives itself away. It seems to me like it will be in the avaition industry just like someone else stated. I believe it will be related to the new USAF tanker contract awarded ro Airbus. Probably some supplier to them or something hence " Project TANK" and a new USAF tanker contract. Now to mention American Titanium will supply titanium rods for industries to include avaition, power generation " maybe wind turbines with GE" and automobile.. Maybe some of those 19 new companies coming to the upstate will be aircraft related.

Does anyone know if Project Tank has 'picked' Greenville, or is it in competition with other cities still? Has a location by the company been made. or is it still possible another city could get it?

I have it on good authority that this project is unfortunately dead. The company looked at Donaldson Center but has backed out completely. :(