Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmillsphoto

Blue Light on Bell

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so of the people on this forum who have travelled Bell Road in Hickory Hollow in the last say, oh, six months, WTF is up with the flashing blue light in front of O'Charley's?

It has been bugging me since Halloween... Anyone know what it's for?

It's a "crime deterrent" box. In theory, we see the flashing light, fear the police, ditch whatever criminal plans we were making. I guess they don't think that some of us drive by there more than once.

However, we did have a murder at O'Charley's in the past year, so i guess anything helps.

There are similar flashing boxes around town. I think i've seen one somewhere around 3rd and Church.

most of these have police cameras in them. not a bad idea if you ask me.

Actually I think they all have cameras in them. I know for a fact all the ones DT have cameras and have lead to arrest of individuals that have committed crimes all the way up to murder.

ive seen several of these around downtown, and never knew what they were for. i mean, the camera part is pretty obvious.. but the blue flashing light???

i could've sworn that some of them do not flash constantly... like, there's been times when they are turned off? but maybe im crazy and just ignore them. i always assumed they start flashing because of some reported potential threat, or something.

ive seen several of these around downtown, and never knew what they were for. i mean, the camera part is pretty obvious.. but the blue flashing light???

i could've sworn that some of them do not flash constantly... like, there's been times when they are turned off? but maybe im crazy and just ignore them. i always assumed they start flashing because of some reported potential threat, or something.

I thought the same thing, but then it occurred to me that if it only went off when a reported incident happened, then something was ALWAYS going down at O'Charley's....