Controversial Jersey City 9/11 Memorial

Cotuit

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say a solid NO to this monument - the way that the monument is cracked with the teardrop hanging over it is just too morbid for me to handle. We need to be looking to the future and dedicating new progress in the name of those who died, not erect something as depressing as that.

• 8 months later...

I have been laughing ever since I saw this in the NYTimes yesterday. Am I the only one who can see how rediculous this peice is? It looks like a woman's private parts with a drop of sperm entering it.

If they wanted to put it up in NYC, I would protest and fight against it till the end and beyond. In Jersey, I would call it fitting.

• 6 months later...

I like that it is a gift from Russia, but that's about all. I like the giant suspended tear also. But, I think we should memorialize something positive, not something so depressing. I live in D.C. where memorials are of abundance, none of which are as depressing. I don't know, I'm kinda divided with this one.

way too sobby! we need to show the world that we NYers are strong. We have to stop trying to come up with just the right kind of memorial. That's whats ruinning all these 9/11 projects! If we would put more emphasis on moving forward to bigger and better things, we would of had a gorgeous design for WTC a long time ago and it might already have been in the process of going virtical.

Archived