Afram Fest

Telmnstr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think they should have it at Harbor Park or move it to another city. NSU doesn't have sufficient parking for this function. I totally understand why residents nearby are constesting this, but people should be more understanding to Free Mason and other Downtown residents complaints. These festivals bring alot of noise, possible crime, traffic, and security problems. It would be crazy on the streets, but if lightrail was here, some visitors could park at other places. But they need to have it somewhere.

Totally different. Some of these people have been in Freemason well before any of these festivals became so large. In one way I can understand there complaint. The city lured people in to the city with the promise of a great experience. When this was happening, the festivals were minimal with the exception of Harborfest. The explosion of these festivals has occurred within the past ten years. However, with that said, they are in an urban environment and must live accordingly.

But I am certain the city never promised them total quiet and solitude. In general Freemason is a great experience judging by my friend who lives there. I am not totally unsympathetic to the people who live in the nearby neighborhoods. Maybe the festival organizers can work with the neighborhood association to reduce the noise level.

But I am certain the city never promised them total quiet and solitude. In general Freemason is a great experience judging by my friend who lives there. I am not totally unsympathetic to the people who live in the nearby neighborhoods. Maybe the festival organizers can work with the neighborhood association to reduce the noise level.

Freemason is OK. I really wish I had fled the area last year and moved to Ghent though. The Af'Ram fest is the least of the problems. I did like living here until last fall. I'd say I am more sick of every road being torn up, loud ambulances all night long, and the general lack of info from the city. Af'Ram fest? I don't even remember it being out of control or anything until I read the paper (after the fact). People down here need to either get a life or move along.

Archived