Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mallguy

Stores that Greenville should have but doesn't

28 posts in this topic

Why doesn't Greenville have a Brooks Brothers? Knoxville, Greensboro and others do.

What other stores do cities with the same populations and income levels (more or less) have that Greenville doesn't?

NO wishful thinking like "Oh, Greenville needs a Neiman Marcus" or "I hear that Prada is coming to Magnolia Park" or the like because it is NOT going to get that type of store anytime soon, based on the retailers that comparably-sized cities with the same income levels have.

Maybe this would give us some indication of future retailers?

I could easily see Brooks Brothers locating at Magnolia Park Town Center, if they don't put a store at Haywood Mall first.

I'm not sure. I don't think Greenville lacks much for a metro its size. It seems to have more going for it than its peers. Would have to do some research. Interesting topic though.

I'm all for local shops and resturants downtown, but I would love for a Chick-fil-a to open up shop somewhere near Main Street...

I'm all for local shops and resturants downtown, but I would love for a Chick-fil-a to open up shop somewhere near Main Street...

Why doesn't Greenville have a Brooks Brothers? Knoxville, Greensboro and others do.

I know that right now they are in mostly major metros, so this might sound like wishful thinking - but I assure you it is not! I believe a Trader Joe's would do awesome here. It is for sure a destination grocery, heck plenty of people drive to Charlotte from Greenville just to go there - even if it's just for a case of "2 buck chuck." :whistling: Think how awesome it would be on Main St! Plus, due to their popularity they seem to be expanding quite rapidly.

I know that right now they are in mostly major metros, so this might sound like wishful thinking - but I assure you it is not! I believe a Trader Joe's would do awesome here. It is for sure a destination grocery, heck plenty of people drive to Charlotte from Greenville just to go there - even if it's just for a case of "2 buck chuck." :whistling: Think how awesome it would be on Main St! Plus, due to their popularity they seem to be expanding quite rapidly.

Greenville should have a Sephora. Knoxville has one and it is at West Town Mall :sick: . It looks a lot worse than Haywood before the remodel (I really did not think that It looked that bad in the first place, but it looks a lot better now) so Simon should definetly fix it.

Greenville should have a Sephora. Knoxville has one and it is at West Town Mall :sick: . It looks a lot worse than Haywood before the remodel (I really did not think that It looked that bad in the first place, but it looks a lot better now) so Simon should definetly fix it.

Maybe a Bass Pro Shop? I'm not sure that could be supported, though. Perhaps a Crate & Barrel. Perhaps a strip of outlet shops that could compete with (or worse, drive out of business) the shops in Gaffney.

Honestly, Greenville's not lacking in retailers. I simply do not envision the people who want to drive to Concord Mills, South Park Mall, or the Mall of Georgia ever being able to get that scale of shopping in Greenville. I kind of doubt they want it in Greenville. Part of the fun they have in going to those places is the adventure of getting away to do it.

Bass Pro Shops is scheduled to come to Greer in late 2009/early 2010 at Dillard Creek.

I thought about a year ago Sephora opened up a store inside on of the department stores at Haywood mall?

If there is one, it's in JCPenney, but I've never been to this mall and can't comment further.

I thought about a year ago Sephora opened up a store inside on of the department stores at Haywood mall?

Hey Steven, you should visit this mall in the near future. It is like Northlake, but with less bad stores. It also does not have the "Eastland Crowd" lurking around. It is one of my favorite malls. To me it is mostly a regular mall, with a little SouthPark mixed in. I love it!

These arent any particular chain retail/restaurants, but they are venues that would add to the brand that has been created downtown. An Aquarium, a Movie Theater, a Sports Shop (With Clemson, Furman, USC and Greenville athletic gear), An old faishoned Soda Shop, a Bakery on Main, an English Pub, a Scottish Shop (like the one in Franklin NC or the one near Banner Elk) and a Home and Garden shop (other than Lowes or Home Depot) would all add to the retail and entertainment scene downtown, IMO. It would also be cool to have a University bookstore downtown (Furman and/or Clemson)

I particularly agree with your mentioning of a University sports shop, a bakery, and a movie theater.

I particularly agree with your mentioning of a University sports shop, a bakery, and a movie theater.

I think that Greenville should have a Lacoste. If Crabtree & Charleston have one, Greenville should have one in the next five years. I am tired at Belk: "Do you sell Steve Madden men's shoes", "Not anymore. "Do you sell Lacoste shoes" "Not anymore". Eventually Belk will have nothing in men's shoes lol.

Macy's and Dillard's should have them, as they are a cut above Belk.