Gov. Sarah Palin

Charlotteman

Hi friends, since Gov. Palin won't go away, perhaps a thread dedicated to her is in order. Personally I get a kick out of her shenanigans :lol:

In the news today: Todd Palin, the governor's husband, plus some of her staffers have been declared in contempt by the Alaskan Senate (over the lingering Troopergate.)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in the news today that Todd Palin's attorney is disputing the Alaskan Senate's decree of contempt. Thomas Flein, Palin's lawyer, claimed his client did nothing wrong.

Sounds reminiscent of other Republicans who used the same "executive priviledge" rubbish, and other absurd legal tactics to keep themselves out of jail...

Sounds so similar to recent events when Bush's aides didn't testify, after they were ordered to. The Republican party is in danger of being highly associated with this type of corruption, if they aren't already.

With the events surrounding Tom Daschell not paying taxes, the former Gov. of Illinois trying to sell a senate seat, the scandal around Carolyne Kennedy, the investigation Gov. Richardson of NM business dealings, questions about Charlie Wrangle cheating on his taxes for 30 years and the the new Sec. of the Treasury not paying taxes, it would seem to me the GOP does not have a monopoly on corruption. These are all very high level Democrats that should absolutely know better. Other than trooper gate, where it was found that Palin did not violate any state law, I am not aware that she has done anything as bad as this stuff. There are a lot of Republican representatives that are just as honest as anyone in the democratic party.

I really don't see any point of people being focused on Palin at this point except that I guess it goes with our worship of celebrity culture now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bristol Palin (the governor's daughter) has been in the news recently. As hard as it is to fathom, she plans on campaigning against teen pregnancies :dontknow:

Gov. Palin has embraced abstinence for teens. I guess that means all teens except her own daughter who got knocked up at age 17. Bristol Palin, however, says expecting teens to abstain from sex is "unrealistic".

Gov. Palin has embraced abstinence for teens. I guess that means all teens except her own daughter who got knocked up at age 17. Bristol Palin, however, says expecting teens to abstain from sex is "unrealistic".

At least she's being truthful about it. I suppose if anyone could speak against it, it would be someone who has been there and done that. Teenagers are probably more likely to listen to another teenager who has went through the very thing that they're speaking out against. It still seems a bit funny IMO. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe we should give this tired topic a rest. I don't think anyone is surprised, and it's not going to change the minds of anyone who support Palin.

One could only hope that it would change their minds as that could signal that America has woken up at least a little (even if it does still have a large amount of sleep in the eye).

......a poor girl who's fiance left her with a baby. She'll need their support and prayers since she isn't an inner city black girl. If that were the case she'd be the poster child for irresponsibility and the 'problem with America and its' unwed mothers'.

The hypocrisy and double standards among the diehard conservatives is just disgusting.

Trash is trash, no matter what race, political party, or socioeconomic background you come from. It's not ok for some unwed teenage mother to be perfectly fine and have another one be completely shunned for being the same thing. If you see an inner city unwed teenage mother as trash, then your pretty white flower from the suburbs and the good home background is trash too. The same can be said with 'temporarily off track behaviours', either all are or none are.

• 3 weeks later...

Levi Johnston, the father of Gov. Palin's grandchild, has just laid a bombshell on national TV. On the Tyra Banks program, Johnston said Sarah Palin allowed her daughter to share a room with him, in her home.

And he said the governor "probably knew" they were having sex.

Gov. Palin doesn't sound like much of a conservative Christian to me. She sounds more like a free-wheeling hippy mom. More like Sharon Osbourne than June Cleaver.

Not in anyway to keep this thread alive, as discussion of her by those who oppose her only lends to the argument that she is somehow still relevant and keeps hope for her political future alive, but I was greatly amused that this stance could be supported by the banner ad on the bottom of the screen advertising SARAHPAC at the time of this post.

Too juicy to pass up:

Gov. Sarah Palin's sister in law was just arrested for felonious burglary. On April 2, 2009 Diana Palin broke into a home that had been previously robbed, and was caught by a rifle toting homeowner. She was also charged with the previous burglaries that had occurred there.

The real kicker of the story: Diana Palin made her four year old daughter wait in the car as she robbed the house :blink:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Sarah Palin is making a big deal about David Letterman making a joke about one of her daughters. Shes just trying to stay in the spot light. If people stop talking about her, including David Letterman, she'll go away.

Archived