From the Past: Cities of the Future

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the world doesn't fix the CO2 issue we're going to be living in some predictions from the 50's and 60's like big bubbles over our cities to protect us from the environment that we neglected.

I would love to live in a place like the first slide. We need to become self sustaining and that slide certainly shows something that we're currently capable of doing, we just need the will of the masses.

• 9 months later...

While I don't buy into the whole carbon thing, yada, yada, yada, I have no problem with ditching fossil fuels for other reasons and exploiting things like solar, wind, and nuclear power. I'm not sure that such utopian societies will ever be possible as it is not in our nature to be so civil just yet, the idea is certainly an attractive one, and still worth pursuing to some degree, provided we do not sacrifice our closest freedoms. For further exploration of future visions, do have a look:

Archived