15 Must Sees in Boston

Cotuit

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea thoose look great, Boston looks like an awesome city, a place that warrents a vist from myself :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm delighted to see these buildings popping up in Cambridge.

You can see Frank Gehry's buildings from all over the world and across the US by doing a google image search on his name.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'll be coming to Boston this Friday for the first time, on my first airplane ride ever as well. Looking forward to just getting there and going exploring. This list is making me really excited about my trip now, especially the Sam Adams brewery tour. I'll make sure to stop there, as well as the Common, and I would really like to get a picture of that Bunker Hill Bridge on I-93 for the bridge fanatic in me.

I'll be coming to Boston this Friday for the first time, on my first airplane ride ever as well. Looking forward to just getting there and going exploring. This list is making me really excited about my trip now, especially the Sam Adams brewery tour. I'll make sure to stop there, as well as the Common, and I would really like to get a picture of that Bunker Hill Bridge on I-93 for the bridge fanatic in me.

My flight landed Friday at 8am and I went on foot for the remainder of the day until about 8pm when I met up some friends at The Paradise on Commonwealth Ave.

First thing I want to say about Boston: GREAT transit system. My NFT I bought helped a ton, but the options are all there to get around.

Did the Freedom Trail after wandering around a bit in Chinatown and the Common. Had pizza in Quincy Market, stopped off in Blackstone Grill for a beer, saw the Paul Revere House, savored the view of the Zakim Bridge, wandered through the Navy Yard (great skyline view), climbed the Bunker Hill Monument, then waited for Bus 93 on Warren St. to take me to the Sullivan Sqaure Orangle Line and rode that all the way down to Stony Brook, caught the 5pm SA Brew Tour - (great time, threw down 50 in the gift store :D ), then rode up to Roxbury Crossing to check out the Basilica Church for the Kennedy funeral, had another slice of pizza across the street from the church, and then rode to the Mass Ave. stop, walked to the Green Line Symphony station, transferred to the B Line at Copley, and rode that to Pleasant Street. Loved my first LRT ride!! (It was packed with students once we were in the BU area though, haha)

I covered a lot of ground on my first day in Boston, a 12 hour expedition of history and alcohol. Great city, great times. Spent the rest of the weekend in Sharon/Foxboro and then was at TT the Bears on Saturday night in Cambridge. Never got to see Harvard...

Will be back as soon as possible. Where else am I going to get my new favorite beer, Boston Brick Red?

Edited by jbhay