Art Projection System For Downtown Buildings

John E

Just a quick update...I've had several really great meetings and although these are challenging times economically, I've come away very encouraged that this project will become a reality later in the year.

I've also been bombarded (in a great way) with many ideas and suggestions from artists and stakeholders downtown...as well as people working within the City.

I'll post more as we go along...thanks UP!!

For some reason I randomly thought about this today. Just wonderin' if there is an update. Not that you don't have about a billion other projects that you're also working on. :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I randomly thought about this today. Just wonderin' if there is an update. Not that you don't have about a billion other projects that you're also working on. :)

Haha...I am juggling a lot right now...but having a blast.

The quick update is ArtPrize threw a wrench in the plan (in a really good way) for a permanent infrastructure of projectors. I'd like to cycle through this first ArtPrize and observe what and where artists are exhibiting digital art via outdoor projection. The lessons learned from this will help flush out the best plan moving forward. I'd like to see what technology/projectors they are using and learn from them.

So...it's marinating...but ArtPrize is such a massive event that I'd like to see how the city looks w/some outdoor projections going on for 2 weeks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived