Mad Cap wireless?

suydam

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferris Coffee & Nut has a nice space. It's the former locale of It's a Grind, next to Kinko's underneath Plaza Towers. Hours are a little funky (they close early). They have a full array of chow.

Admittedly I am fondly recalling IAG's free wi-fi. (And the Friends. Some Chicago vendors came to take me to lunch today, and I explained the situation behind my former favorite block on Monroe Center. They were wanting some shwarma and tabouli. We did Mexican.)

Part of my motivation (for this particular meeting) is giving myself a good reason to visit MadCap (I'm busy, tough schedule, want to try their brew).

Does anyone thing MadCap would be a good or bad place for a meeting? What's the atmosphere like? Their website blows. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

New website up. :)

Part of my motivation (for this particular meeting) is giving myself a good reason to visit MadCap (I'm busy, tough schedule, want to try their brew).

Does anyone thing MadCap would be a good or bad place for a meeting? What's the atmosphere like? Their website blows. ;)

How many people? What time of day? What sorts of people? What sort of meeting?

My gut impression is that MC would be good for a brief casual chat, more of a social visit than a full-blown presentation with charts and graphs and 8 x 10" glossy photos. If folks will all be using or viewing laptops, the lighting might come into play. And it's essentially one large open space with the "stage" of the service area, and the plethora of distractions outdoors.

WCC has a more cavernous layout and you could find some quiet intimacy (if you like that sort of thing) towards the back, away from the front entrance and windows.

If the meeting attendees are folks you want to impress, it would be prudent to visit each venue beforehand.

HTH

(has done event planning)

Hey Prankster, I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. I can't be at the shop all the time so I can't speak for the person working at the time but I can definitely vouch for the coffee and don't like to hear it being average. If you come in and ask for Trevor and refer to Urban Planet I'd like to hook you up with a chemexed coffee on the house. Also, if you could PM me with a description of the employee that showed a lack of interest I would appreciate it. 99% of my staff is very passionate about our coffee and usually very excited to share it. I apologize again about your bad experience.

Save your time (and money). Counter worker is more interested in surfing the 'net, and not being inconvenienced by custmers. Coffee is average, but the service definately brings the place down.

Archived