A Silver Lining anywhere?

caterpillar2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I see Steward Varney, Merrill Lynch, GMAC, Wells Fargo and other consolidations, acquisitions, etc. I can't help but think that we are going to benefit. I see Charlotte as a larger, more diverse, banking center whenever we get out of this current economic trend. Am I alone in my optimism?

You are not. The landscape will be far different, for sure, but I don't think things are as dire as they seem. Following 9/11 there was to be maybe 8 to 10 years before any more highrises would be built in Charlotte due to fear, what followed was the doubling of our skyline. This is for sure very different, but there are many posters who always forget human spirit in their many calculations.

I'll even touch on the apartment aspect a bit. I currently rent a home in Tega Cay and have been in this house for about six years now. I like the area enough, but have always wanted to move in closer to downtown. With the influx of new apartment options and the current economic climate, prices for nice apartments in SouthEnd and around Gateway Village are pretty good right now. Enough so that I have been shopping the market for about the past month, with prices for one bedrooms in the $700 to $1000 range. Even further out, I have a buddy who moved into the apartments on Johnston Rd. right off of 485 across from the Red Robin. He has a new studio apartment with washer and dryer, nice kitchen, porch, one car garage attached to the unit and I am pretty sure he is paying around $650 a month.

Archived