Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kib

Peter's Camera Repair?

Kib    3

Looking for feedback... Need a CLA and film compartment re-foam on a classic Nikon F2. If they're up to the task and have a good track record, I'd be fine staying local rather than sending it off to the factory service center.

Love digital, but the images will never look like B&W Ilford shot on one of these old dogs, plus there's that satisfying 'thwaup' sound and feel of a shutter built to last a lifetime and hold in in the Arctic or the Sahara...

Thanks in advance, folks !

einsteinrig    1
Looking for feedback... Need a CLA and film compartment re-foam on a classic Nikon F2. If they're up to the task and have a good track record, I'd be fine staying local rather than sending it off to the factory service center.

Love digital, but the images will never look like B&W Ilford shot on one of these old dogs, plus there's that satisfying 'thwaup' sound and feel of a shutter built to last a lifetime and hold in in the Arctic or the Sahara...

Thanks in advance, folks !

Kib    3
i had an old-timey (aka non-digital) pentax repaired there a few months ago, and he did a great job. still works like a charm!

tamias6    16
Thanks for the reply 'e'...

Enjoy that old-timey Pentax, they were a great piece of engineering and well crafted. BTW - I did a little web research on Peter's since my post, I understand he worked for Rollei back in the day (another fine photo instrument), so I'm thinkin' I might be able to trust him with the fairly bulletproof F2

Take care !