Midtown Paper Input

eastatlanta119

Hello all - I'm writing a paper for my urban planning course at Georgia State University that covers the history of planning in Midtown, and I'm trying to gather more info on the period from the late 1970s up through the early 90s. Anyone here live in the area around that time? Can you give me an idea of the atmosphere around that time, where you did your shopping, what the Park was like? Which development(s) had the greatest impact on Midtown's growth? Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all - I'm writing a paper for my urban planning course at Georgia State University that covers the history of planning in Midtown, and I'm trying to gather more info on the period from the late 1970s up through the early 90s. Anyone here live in the area around that time? Can you give me an idea of the atmosphere around that time, where you did your shopping, what the Park was like? Which development(s) had the greatest impact on Midtown's growth? Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated!

Two organizations you might want to get in touch with - Midtown Neighbors Association that represents the residents of Midtown (primarily section directly south of Piedmont Park) & the Midtown Alliance which is a quasi-planning organization that represents the business section of Midtown.

http://midtownatlanta.org/net/content/news.aspx?s=0.0.53.35

http://www.midtownalliance.org/

Archived