Stimulus Money Coming to Columbia

growingup15

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of the best uses right now would be to subsidize the operating costs of Innovista as a means of allowing the University to create incentives for corporations to set up shop here.

Technically it's not new construction, but the fact that we fell a year or two on the early side I don't think should make us ineligible.

• 1 month later...

The way the report ended I'd say it allows them to make improvements further up that they thought they were going to be able to, because the reporter said the Mayor said it would allow them to do from Fairfield Road to a street the name of which I didn't quite catch - something like Forum St.

Has the project north of the current started? I'm guessing that even if it has, it's not to the "shovel ready" state yet. So, IMO this extra $2 million will probably be used to further offset the costs of the current North Main project.

The first stage, from Elmwood to Anthony is about 50% completed. They are finished with the new water and sewer lines and they're beginning to work on the sidewalks. I can't wait until the view of the State House is unimpeded by electrical lines - photoshoot time!

Has a rendering or plans ever come out for this project. I know improvements are happening, but I have no clue of any details. Sidewalks are being improved, utilities are being buried................but is there going to be landscaped medians, how's the intersection of N. Main and River going to be improved?

Archived