Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

On 2/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea I know :-( I hate that they eliminated the office. It was actually a handsome looking building. There is a lot of Office planned in the area between Pappas and Baxter Place so makes sense that they scrapped it.

It looks like a brand new large marketing sign for the office portion was recently installed on Kenilworth (just noticed it within the last week).  I believe there are 2 separate developers, so I think its likely office isn't cancelled, either just waiting on an anchor tenant, or is reliant on the parking deck for the apartments, so allowing that project to get further along before breaking ground on the office portion.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

These photos reminded me what ever happen to the Levine Properties hotel apartment tower on the vacant land next to Trader Joes at Metropolitan? Here is the article from 2014 about it and I guess it just more land banking LOL  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article9117122.html and this too https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/crescent-and-levine-both-planning-apartment-hotel.html   Neither of these hotel apartment condo towers were ever started. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

These photos reminded me what ever happen to the Levine Properties hotel apartment tower on the vacant land next to Trader Joes at Metropolitan? Here is the article from 2014 about it and I guess it just more land banking LOL  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article9117122.html and this too https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/11/crescent-and-levine-both-planning-apartment-hotel.html   Neither of these hotel apartment condo towers were ever started. 

He has a letter of intent from Curio by Hilton, for what its worth.

11 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

I believe this is just apartments now. It's 3rd-hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but they seemed pretty confident about it. 

I think we thought that... and the office is still planned for a future phase and is being marketed.

16 hours ago, nonillogical said:

I believe this is just apartments now. It's 3rd-hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but they seemed pretty confident about it. 

Ah that's right - the office was supposed to front Kenilworth, correct?

Is Pappas finally starting on his project where the Realtor School is?  They were only demoing the property between Harding and Greenwood.

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I don't know if this is considered midtown, South End or the Gold district but here is the sitework of the new Camden rental townhomes next to Camden Grandview apartments. The new 500 East Morehead building looks good along Morehead. 

DSCN3563.JPG

Dilworth... I guess...

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 knows something about it. Supposedly it will be built maybe as part of the improvements to the convention center with walkway to Stonewall Station or something like that. 

haha, well the pathway from current terminus to the beginning of the bridge is being funded by Camden. There is preliminary talks between all the entities who have property that would benefit from this connection, and a couple million dollars set aside. I'm not sure where they are in talks about that. 

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Pappas is moving forward with his big project on Kenilworth:

Pappas Properties has bought part of the Charlotte Regional Realtor Association property on Kenilworth Avenue and plans to start a new, mixed-use development soon.

Property records show an LLC affiliated with Pappas Properties has spent about $4.1 million on property around Kenilworth Avenue and Greenwood Cliff. The first phase of the planned project will involved 3.8 out of the total 5.2 acres, and will include extending Pearl Park Way and the construction of a new building for the Realtor association and the Mingle School of Real Estate.

A timeline for construction was not immediately available.

The final goal is a “high-density, mixed-use development in Midtown,” the Realtor association’s officials said in a statement. Plans from Pappas would include almost 200 apartments, 168,000 square feet of new office space, a hotel with up to 150 rooms, shops, restaurants and changes to adjacent Pearl Street Park.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 9:01 AM, Vitamin_N said:

Master plan is a large deck wrapped by an MOB and apartments with a separate hotel and office building on the lot. Deck and MOB will go up first. Not sure how long after that the apartments, hotel, and office would follow. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Jayvee, help me with this part:

image.png.3cb72d1a01511e3e770804d0567b52c8.png

Is there a proposed parking deck on Elizabeth Avenue I am missing?  If my mother-in-law wasn't coming into town tomorrow night, I would love to go to this meeting.  Big fan of this project.  Hope it spurs some more Midtown/Elizabeth development.