Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

Did anyone go to this community meeting?  I had to work late & missed it but would like to know what was discussed.  Also, does NAI Southern have the wherewithal to develop this themselves?  I was under the impression they were leasing/management folks, not developers of highrises..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

It is the wrong thread but as of now it’s in Grubb/Levine territory: all quiet 

Call me a pessimist (and I admit I could be totally wrong since I have no insider knowledge of this particular project), but it would not surprise me one bit if Don Peebles is our next Daniel Levine / Clay Grubb.

27 minutes ago, cltcane said:

Call me a pessimist (and I admit I could be totally wrong since I have no insider knowledge of this particular project), but it would not surprise me one bit if Don Peebles is our next Daniel Levine / Clay Grubb.

I'm assuming that the deal struck with the city won't allow that to be the case.  Does he even own the land at this point?

3 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm assuming that the deal struck with the city won't allow that to be the case.  Does he even own the land at this point?

The land has not yet changed hands and its on the county right now to finalize everything. Its in Peebles best interest to move on this property. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the new Realtor office and Mingle School is full steam ahead and underway.

Timetable breaking ground with official ceremony in the next few weeks. Mid 2019 completion. New 58,000 sq ft office building 4 stories with covered corner balcony and  parking deck behind. LEED certified.  This is one 1960s building that does need to go as it is in the flood plain and will be torn down. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jordan84 said:

Are there any plans or illustrations released for this site?  I was wondering why it was blocked off. Where is everyone going to play soccer now? 

Yes I posted the currently planned rendering for the Medical Office Building above this. With a small explanation of what the plan is.

1 hour ago, pathb said:

I can't believe how much real estate CPCC had wasted on parking - especially given the constraints of limited land nearby available for them to grow, their proximity to a transition line and transit hub. 

Aside from the parking lots near the stadium, where is CPCC wasting so much real estate?  They have built several parking decks in the last couple of years, so it's not like they're just building a ton of surface parking everywhere.  I mean, they're tearing down older buildings to make room for newer ones...

2 hours ago, pathb said:

I can't believe how much real estate CPCC had wasted on parking - especially given the constraints of limited land nearby available for them to grow, their proximity to a transition line and transit hub. 

You have an issue with a massive community college that draws students from the entire metro region creating parking?   LOL OK.

4 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

CPCC has got to be one of the nicest community colleges I’ve seen. 

I literally googled it just to confirm that the “CC” stood for what I thought it stood for for that exact reason. VERY nice looking. I love this style of architecture. They nailed it.

• Like 1