Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Northwoods Midtown Tower going for Council rezoning approval today. There might be some plans revealed, and I would think, if they get approval, they would start breaking ground pretty fast.

I would agree that if they get approval this would probably break ground by the end of this year.  That would give them 18 to 24 months for their Ballantyne & 4th Ward developments to lease up before this would begin lease up.  Timing seems appropriate for NWR.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, atlrvr said:

I'm pretty certain the area between the parking deck and park is planned to be office (not medical).  The apartments are to go next to the new medical buildings on Harding.

I believe that you are correct.  Was supposed to be Office and Hotel there - both might be quite awhile in development or changed at some point.

Across Kenilworth, the Wells Fargo branch was just purchased by CitiScuplt.  This bank parcel is adjacent to the two houses on Harding they planned to demo 3 years ago for a 90k sq ft office building that has stalled.

Will be interesting to see if that project is redesigned to now include this additional parcel, which would more than 2x their amount of land.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Across Kenilworth, the Wells Fargo branch was just purchased by CitiScuplt.  This bank parcel is adjacent to the two houses on Harding they planned to demo 3 years ago for a 90k sq ft office building that has stalled.

Will be interesting to see if that project is redesigned to now include this additional parcel, which would more than 2x their amount of land.

I love that little brick house with the corner entry up on the hillside.  Sad to see that go...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I may be misremembering, but wasn't there something planned for the parking lot at the corner of Kings and Baxter at some point? It would have blocked the Asian Library from Kings. 

Yes a office tower was proposed there have not heard anymore about it lately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Whoa!  look at this proposed apartment tower on the SunTrust site in midtown at Kings and 3rd and 4th St. 

Joe Bruno just tweeted it out

Took me a while to figure out how to orientate this image. Kings is the street on the far left and the taller building is on 3rd with 4th behind it.