Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

Here is the current site plan and yes they have some vacancies.  I am sure Northwoods Retail can reimagined this place like Ballantyne and they own some very successful shopping centers around the country like the Domain in Austin one of my favorite Texan shopping centers.   Check out their portfolio below too. 

BWSLP (netdna-ssl.com)

Here is the Northwoods Retail portfolio and remember they will build a high rise apartment complex there as well on the Trader Joes end.

Northwood Retail: Retail Property Portfolio | Retail Properties : Northwood Retail

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TGIBridays said:

The trick is to park in the Target deck and walk over. Much easier deck to navigate, IMO.

Is the Target deck independently owned from Metropolitan? That deck is SO much easier to access the retail right across the street, but I've wondered if people think they can't park there since they aren't a Target or At Home customer. 

2 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Is the Target deck independently owned from Metropolitan? That deck is SO much easier to access the retail right across the street, but I've wondered if people think they can't park there since they aren't a Target or At Home customer. 

Good point.  They are independently owned, so people are technically right in thinking that. Hasn't stopped me in the past, however.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, CLT2014 said:

It would be nice if the city and Northwood could get a bridge put in place across Kenilworth and the creek (see red pen). Crossing at the 277 offramp as a pedestrian doesn't feel as safe and discourages walking. Could also shave some time off the walk to get it under 10 minutes which is doable on a lunch break, et.

image.png.2f57d544d1d3a3335513f123b0fc4316.png

It is a great idea and you should add it to this map: https://engagekh.com/charlottesmp/map#/ The city is collecting feedback for the Strategic Mobility Plan.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, CLT2014 said:

It would be nice if the city and Northwood could get a bridge put in place across Kenilworth and the creek (see red pen). Crossing at the 277 offramp as a pedestrian doesn't feel as safe and discourages walking. Could also shave some time off the walk to get it under 10 minutes which is doable on a lunch break, et.

image.png.2f57d544d1d3a3335513f123b0fc4316.png

I thought there was a tunnel or something under Kenilworth as part of the plan of the new park? Maybe that was dream I had.

• Like 1

I thought there was a tunnel or something under Kenilworth as part of the plan of the new park? Maybe that was dream I had.

Not a dream there was supposed to be a spur that would connect it to the greenway. I believe it was illustrated in the 2020 Plan…but by the legend it seems it is an existing connection…but I guess a more direct bridge crossing would be more convenient.

3d05ae2851346573de8e30ccdeda38b0.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So, I noticed this about a week ago but completely forgot to ask about it. In the horseshoe shaped lot bordered by Harding Place, Greenwood Cliff, and Berkeley Avenue directly behind the new medical offices there is the beginnings of a garage along with a crane base. Anyone in the loop on this one? The development map doesn't have it listed. 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, JeanClt said:

Not a dream there was supposed to be a spur that would connect it to the greenway. I believe it was illustrated in the 2020 Plan…but by the legend it seems it is an existing connection…but I guess a more direct bridge crossing would be more convenient.

3d05ae2851346573de8e30ccdeda38b0.jpg

Did you see the project called out on a list somewhere? Odds are good that is an error. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, atlrvr said:

^^^ This apartment tower just entered into the Building Permit process today.

This is the architect (out of Bethesda, MD).  They haven't done any projects in Charlotte yet, so it's nice to add a different firm to the mix.

https://www.skiarch.com/projects/

how many floors including the parking podium are they showing in their plans?  Just want to make sure it is what I thought. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, atlrvr said:

^^^ This apartment tower just entered into the Building Permit process today.

This is the architect (out of Bethesda, MD).  They haven't done any projects in Charlotte yet, so it's nice to add a different firm to the mix.

https://www.skiarch.com/projects/

I would give their Orlando and 2 Atlanta Modera projects B- grades. Fairly poor street level interaction. Decent design appeal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...