Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

That sketch with 50k sq ft grocery is an old plan.  The new rezoning is seeking only 24k sq ft, so I doubt there is a grocery.

That said, this is a pretty big hole for Publix, with closest locations Cotswold and South End.  This would be a good location I would think.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

That sketch with 50k sq ft grocery is an old plan.  The new rezoning is seeking only 24k sq ft, so I doubt there is a grocery.

That said, this is a pretty big hole for Publix, with closest locations Cotswold and South End.  This would be a good location I would think.

Are Publix still doing the Greenwise stores?

Hotel as a part of the plan in Midtown will be a Tapestry by Hilton so says the Charlotte Ledger this morning.

""The hotel in the proposed Midtown tower that we told you about on Wednesday will be a Hilton Tapestry Hotel, developers said in a news release. Pappas Properties, Terwilliger Pappas and Welltower said they expect the 350-unit apartment tower and hotel, the fourth and final phase of a larger development on Kenilworth Avenue, will have a public hearing and vote in early 2023.""

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Hotel as a part of the plan in Midtown will be a Tapestry by Hilton so says the Charlotte Ledger this morning.

""The hotel in the proposed Midtown tower that we told you about on Wednesday will be a Hilton Tapestry Hotel, developers said in a news release. Pappas Properties, Terwilliger Pappas and Welltower said they expect the 350-unit apartment tower and hotel, the fourth and final phase of a larger development on Kenilworth Avenue, will have a public hearing and vote in early 2023.""

So is the hotel part of the tower or a separate smaller tower?

1 hour ago, norm21499 said:

Whatever happened to the development that was supposed to be built across the street from The Metropolitan on Kings Drive?

the office building that was proposed long ago nothing has happened with it. 

5 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

So is the hotel part of the tower or a separate smaller tower?

from the Biz Journal article about it:

""The project will include a 150-room Hilton Tapestry Hotel on Berkeley Avenue and Pearl Park Way, as well as a second housing phase with 350 apartment units on Pearl Park Way and Kenilworth Avenue. Both buildings will have ground-floor restaurants and retail, according to a news release.""

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, DMann said:

I used to live on Wyoming Street at the top of that "Incline".  Actually it was the other Incline by the Smithfield Bridge.

My friend's parents owned a duplex on Oneida St. by the Duquesne Incline.  This one was older and more rickety (and less touristy), but I used it occasionally to connect to a bus that took you across the bridge to downtown.  NO heat in the winter though.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 7:18 AM, Blue_Devil said:

Any one know when this Northwood project will get started?  I thought it had permits

There is no telling.  NWR has a lot of ‘irons in the fire’ with projects.  Seems like once a neighboring developer starts their project, then others nearby follow suit.  It’s certainly more likely to happen though, now that there’s building momentum in Midtown with the Pappas High-Rise Building & Pearl District about to both break ground this year and next year.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...