Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

That is great news for this development. 90% leased is a nice chunk, and I'd imgagine the remaining 10 percent will be gone before opening. Although the condos still have some catching up, I'm shocked to see the amount of lofts sold, only 3 remaing!!! Can't wait for this to open...

For any of you that had any doubts, there are now banners up on the side of the building that will house Best Buy, Marshall's, and Staples that say "coming soon" for all three!

Rock on! My reasons for going down to Carolina Place and/or Pavilion are rapidly approach zero. (just need that movie theater... come oooon movie theater!)

Finally had the opportunity to go to the Target this evening after work. Drove in from Uptown and was a little hesitant as I got closer from the posts I read here.

Overall, I didn't find it difficult to navigate at all. Not sure what signage they had originally, but I followed the big red circle.

The only complaint I really have (and it goes for driving anywhere in Charlotte anymore) is that you REALLY have to have eyes in the back of your head. Nobody was paying attention to what they were doing. I had someone backing out of a space and didn't even pay attention to any traffic that may have been coming there way.

That was one of three possible fender benders I encountered. Exited onto Kings and circled around to 277.

Like the Target - very open and well lighted. I found that their pet section is fairly large - and I think that is a good testament to all of the pet owners in and around center city. If I lived closer to Uptown, I could certainly see me visiting that store a LOT!

Looking forward to everything else around it finally opening up. Of course, traffic will be a complete nightmare at that point!

:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Is the unlogo'ed "ANCHOR" the speculation site for Trader Joes?

Seems a little large for Trader Joes. The usual trader joes is between 12-15k sq feet. I imagine this will be the location of West Elm, which is more comparable in size to this space. West Elms are usually about the size of a Crate and Barrell. I figure that Trader Joes, because it is a grocery store would have to have direct parking deck access, as would west elm as that they are a furniture store. So I imagine that the two spaces under MetLofts are going to be WestElm/TraderJoes.

Edited by Guest

Seems a little large for Trader Joes. The usual trader joes is between 12-15k sq feet. I imagine this will be the location of West Elm, which is more comparable in size to this space. West Elms are usually about the size of a Crate and Barrell. I figure that Trader Joes, because it is a grocery store would have to have direct parking deck access, as would west elm as that they are a furniture store. So I imagine that the two spaces under MetLofts are going to be WestElm/TraderJoes.

Has West Elm been confirmed as a tenant? That's the first I've heard of it... Would be a nice addition though.

That "anchor" space is Trader Joe's. I have a leasing plan of the development from 10/2007 and it shows Trader Joe's in that space at 12,933sf. West Elm is to be located at the corner of Charlottetowne and Metropolitan Avenue.

Who else is going in? I don't recall many of the retailers or restaurants being disclosed. Can you share?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The permanent Best Buy signs are going up right now. There was one already on the building when I just passed by, and 5 more waiting to be hoisted up.

Is there a tentative opening date? How about for Staples? I talked to a buddy of mine who is moving into the Metropolitan and he said his closing date got pushed back to mid-July. It was originally slated for late June.

There are entrances to the building on the Kings Side of the project, however I'm not sure that it is best buy or not as this building will house marshalls staples and best buy in a 2 floor stacked nature I believe. My question is are there any larger best buy signs than this because this one seems rather small compared to the target and homedepot signs.

Edited by 83alphaunder