Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

(Morehead and Harding location is discussed in the Dilworth thread)

That is really great news about the Lennar project starting next week.  I think it really adds a lot of density to midtown beyond only the Metropolitan project.  With ground floor retail, they can hopefully capitalize on any foot traffic between the streetcar, CPCC, and Metropolitan.

SouthEnd has had so much going up, that it is hard to realize that not a single apartment project has gone up in Midtown or Elizabeth Ave corridors in this business cycle.  It is good to at least get one up and have that be one that includes street retail.

• 3 weeks later...

SouthEnd has had so much going up, that it is hard to realize that not a single apartment project has gone up in Midtown or Elizabeth Ave corridors in this business cycle. It is good to at least get one up and have that be one that includes street retail.

Quality over quantity. Hopefully success here will revitalize Grubb's Elizabeth ave.

Glad to see this project is moving forwards as I heard it was cancelled (that source has told me a few projects are cancelled yet they have broken ground so I took it with a grain of salt).   The design is pretty standard from what we've seen in SouthEnd but the street level accessed units are a nice touch  :thumbsup:

who owns/operates that radio tower?

looks like a privately held entity. they probably lease it out to someone. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistration.jsp;JSESSIONID_ASRSEARCH=7dDpPRmQL7r6q60Vj90D26yhSZGvsKXsnTQnl2fdyJk1vylYjSFz!-525170603!-847623579?regKey=103323

oh there's this. http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProULSLookup.php?tabSearchType=UMIB&tabTextBox1=1034198

Edited by tozmervo

Midtown, uptown, NoDa, Plaza-Midwood & SouthEnd are all just transforming into amazing destinations

Lets just hope they all end up as cohesive urban landscapes. It'll truly feel like NoDa has the best shot once the BLE opens, unless PlazaMidwood Gets the streetcar, then Central has a great chance of becoming something special as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The small leasing office building for Metropolitan has been demolished and the surrounding site, where the Levine apartment project is to go, partially cleared. Could this be moving forward? Haven't heard anything on it in quite a while. 

Demolished? Wasn't this just a trailer or some other temp structure? Would be good to finally see this apartment tower moving forward.

The small leasing office building for Metropolitan has been demolished and the surrounding site, where the Levine apartment project is to go, partially cleared. Could this be moving forward? Haven't heard anything on it in quite a while. 

No plans have been submitted for the project yet, so I wouldn't hold your breath. 

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to one of the Griffith kids a long time ago and he said the family still owns the land and leases it out for buckets of money.  Land is so valuable that Lennar is building around the tower.

^ The land is actually part of the parcel that Lennar owns. They're building around it b/c it was going to be about $1 mil to move/relocate. There is just about every carrier on this tower, and Lennar will actually have a really nice income stream when the lease rolls to market in a few years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...