Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^That said it is in the most awkward of spaces as far as finding the entrance.  Has anyone else gone there?  

Either you drive to 2/3rd level of parking deck and enter there,  or from the street you enter what almost looks like more doors for Best Buy, take the escalator up to Marshall's, and then exit into the parking desk and the Staples Store is to the left..

Edited by Urbanity

^That said it is in the most awkward of spaces as far as finding the entrance.  Has anyone else gone there?  

Either you drive to 2/3rd level of parking deck and enter there,  or from the street you enter what almost looks like more doors for Best Buy, take the escalator up to Marshall's, and then exit into the parking desk and the Staples Store is to the left..

I've gone a few times. Since that parking deck is usually pretty full up to the 3rd level and people are taking the elevator anyway, where they have the logos next to each button, I don't think its much of an issue any more as it was at first when you could always find parking on the 1st floor.

I actually go there probably once every 2 months or so, and usually to Marshall's in the same trip. It is awkward, but I don't think it's too bad.

I hope both South Blvd. & Metropolitan locations remain. I hope their proximity to each other doesn't make one of them targets for closing.

I believe you are confusing Office Depot with Staples (or maybe you just wanted to state that one of the two will close). There are staples locations in Pineville, Providence Rd, Huntersville and Concord. I'm sure at least one will close

I usually park on the first floor at Target and walk over.  It's so much easier than combating the TJ's and office traffic.

^The silver lining of Home Depot Expo closing has been the ease of parking in the ground-level of that Target deck for destinations mostly on the other side of Charlottetowne. Granted, it does limit how many groceries I buy at Trader Joe's, since shopping carts aren't practical (or crazy-looking) for that distance. But can you imagine what parking would be like if the center was fully occupied?

I believe you are confusing Office Depot with Staples (or maybe you just wanted to state that one of the two will close). There are staples locations in Pineville, Providence Rd, Huntersville and Concord. I'm sure at least one will close

You're right. I was thinking Office Depot

• 4 weeks later...