Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Can non-students park in the CPCC decks? 

I have certainly parked in their decks during the day, going to the eye doctor, attending a production at the theater, so maybe that’s an option. I’m not entirely sure I’m allowed to park there but there is very little other available parking over there beyond the few spaces on Torrence 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:16 PM, go_vertical said:

^^ Yes, the Levine hospital plot at the corner of Kenilworth and Morehead. 

If you are referring to the Levine Cancer Institute part 2 it is very close to opening.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, KJHburg said:

New medical office building on Kenliworth by the Realtors building and the apartments called the Greenway I think behind Wells branch on Kenliworth. 

IMG_3027.JPG

Does any one know if they are going to get rid of the old realtors building? Really looking out of place now.

50 minutes ago, youngt2 said:

If you are referring to the Levine Cancer Institute part 2 it is very close to opening.

Does any one know if they are going to get rid of the old realtors building? Really looking out of place now.

the mold infested aging Realtors building will be brought down don't worry.  Have to wait until Realtors association moves into the new building then it will "disappear"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, youngt2 said:

No, I'm referring to the dirt lot on the corner of the intersection that was used for staging for the soon-to-open new building. I'm just curious if there are plans for another building or if this will end up a surface lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sigma said:

Is anyone else really annoyed by the fact that the corner retail suite of this project is below grade like this?

maybe to accommodate a patio for restaurant or coffee shop I have not walked by so not sure how big that area is 

• Like 1

The area is not heavy foot traffic, even though that is a very busy intersection of Moorehead and Kenilworth. There really isn't any public parking along either of the main streets and you won't have many people walking past as it is a decent bit away from the other few bars and restaurants in Dilworth. It isn't a very large patio at all even though it does look like a pretty decent size space inside. I think it has to be a coffee shop for the few new midrise apartments in the area and across from the new Levine Cancer Center. I'm not sure what else could do well in this area

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JHart said:

The area is not heavy foot traffic, even though that is a very busy intersection of Moorehead and Kenilworth. There really isn't any public parking along either of the main streets and you won't have many people walking past as it is a decent bit away from the other few bars and restaurants in Dilworth. It isn't a very large patio at all even though it does look like a pretty decent size space inside. I think it has to be a coffee shop for the few new midrise apartments in the area and across from the new Levine Cancer Center. I'm not sure what else could do well in this area

But it will be heavy with foot traffic (eventually). There are over 700 apartments immediately adjacent to the building now, and when Pappas finishes the entire project, it'll have about 300 more and a 150 room hotel. 

Just now, Miesian Corners said:

But it will be heavy with foot traffic (eventually). There are over 700 apartments immediately adjacent to the building now, and when Pappas finishes the entire project, it'll have about 300 more and a 150 room hotel. 

Pappas is likely going to be all office + a hotel

25 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

There will be plenty of people, don't get me wrong, just no foot traffic. The only reason to walk up Kenilworth to this area is if you're going to the hospital or if you live right above this space. Everyone from the Pappas project will just go to Midtown for restaurants and shopping and if you want to go for a walk you'll cut over to the greenway. Something in this spot needs to pull people from the hospital across the street which is why I would think coffee shop but I doubt a restaurant or other retail would be successful here.  

10 minutes ago, JHart said:

There will be plenty of people, don't get me wrong, just no foot traffic. The only reason to walk up Kenilworth to this area is if you're going to the hospital or if you live right above this space. Everyone from the Pappas project will just go to Midtown for restaurants and shopping and if you want to go for a walk you'll cut over to the greenway. Something in this spot needs to pull people from the hospital across the street which is why I would think coffee shop but I doubt a restaurant or other retail would be successful here.  

How do you figure that? Over 1,000 people will soon live directly across Kenilworth from this building. Not trying to be argumentative, but numbers are numbers.