Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HartfordTycoon

Rell Announces Plans To Open NBC Studio In Stamford

10 posts in this topic

Looks like a great catch for Stamford and CT! Big news here guys. Wish it was Hartford, but I understand proximately to NYC and to GE Corporate HQ.

Hartford Courant

Courant.com

Rell Announces Plans To Open NBC Studio In Stamford

By ERIC GERSHON

The Hartford Courant

1:48 PM EST, February 27, 2009

Click here to find out more!

NBC Universal is negotiating with Connecticut officials on a plan to establish a large television production studio in Stamford that would employ between 150 and 200 people, Gov. M. Jodi Rell said today.

The announcement comes a month after Blue Sky Studios formally opened a new digital animation studio in Greenwich. Both studios have cited Connecticut's 30 percent film tax credit as a reason for their interest in having operations here.

The governor's office did not say when or whether the NBC deal would be finalized, what incentives the state might be offering, or how long it would take for NBC to set up operations, tentatively at the Rich Forum Theater in Stamford.

Rell's office said NBC's "initial infrastructure investment" would be more than $3 million.

"This is good news at a time when we need good news," Rell said in a statment.

Copyright

Hopefully it has convinced Rell not to touch the film industry tax credits because they really do seem to be working.

Great plan, I too wish it were in Hartford, but I root for the whole of CT....

Is this development still going through?

kind of a classic right away.

anyhoo, With the big film studio approved in Windsor, and as of today, the studios in Mass now having problems getting aproved. now more tv studios in fairfield, this tax credit is getting it done!