Need Help with NYC Trip

Mr.Marc

I do not give a damn where you live or have lived. What you wrote was wrong. think about what you wrote. Times square is not ghetto. Parts of the Bronx are "ghetto". East St. Louis might be "ghetto". The North End of Hartford might be "ghetto", there are tons of places that can be called "ghetto" with some accuracy, but times square is not one of them. Heck, even labeling the areas I just listed as ghetto is not fair, and reeks of elitism.

Using the term "ghetto" is inappropriate for times square. It is a disservice to the area and especially when giving advice to someone visiting on a forum like this.

I have no problem saying every place I have lived and worked, and my contact with times square is maybe 1 dozen visits over the last 15 years when I had family around or whatever, but the fact is that your ignorant statement has nothing to do with where you live or have lived. it is ignorant no matter your "qualifications".

Hey I hate Times square as well. It is crowded, it is touristy, but its more corporate and cheezy that ghetto.

I stand by my innitial attack against your post.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no problem saying every place I have lived and worked, and my contact with times square is maybe 1 dozen visits over the last 15 years when I had family around or whatever, but the fact is that your ignorant statement has nothing to do with where you live or have lived. it is ignorant no matter your "qualifications".

So you want to physically attack me for my viewpoint, you swear and misspell words in your posts, and you admit to having very limited familiarity with Times Square?

And you're doing this in front of someone who is planning a summer trip to NYC?

Times Square is ghetto, in my view, and I work in the Times Square area. For the reasons I list above, I pay no attention to your attacks, other than to laugh hysterically at them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a while but I've finally made my decision. I will be staying at the Wellington Hotel in Midtown (I guess that's midtown) Manhattan. It isn't too far away from Times Square (or at least it doesn't look too far according to Google Earth). I'll have to see just how "ghetto" or "cheesey" Times Square is but I'll make my own experience out of it all. More than likely when I do go to Times Square I won't notice either of those things because I'm looking for something totally different.

If anyone knows anything about the Wellington or about any fun things to do in proximity of it, I'll be happy to see your suggestions.

Archived