Did the Mayans know something we don't?

Gard

The Mayans believed that dooms day would occur on December 22, 2012. In fact, there is an upcoming movie on this very subject. As we approach the year 2012, many of us will be wondering if the Mayans knew something that we still don't know or understand. How could they predict when the end would come? There are great mysteries about their civilization so this thread is dedicated to their predictions and predictions of similar ancient civilizations.

^

I really think there is a ton of information we have yet unlocked about the Maya. The Aztecs also had a similar calendar that show an ending date around that time as well, which can be seen on the giant round stone that was found in Mexico City. Also, the pictures "stories" on the walls in the Mayan temples contain rocket ships and saucer-shaped crafts with people or some other type of being in them. Really interesting stuff. It also makes we wonder what the meaning of the drawings on the ground in the Andes mean, which can only be seen by air. It leads you to the question, if they couldn't see the drawings from the ground, why on earth would they create them, unless they had some way of seeing them from the air or were being "visited" by extraterrestrials. I believe that 2012 won't be a physical end, per se, but maybe the end of the world as we know it, perhaps something like a confirmation of sort (landing, radio contact, etc.) that we are not alone. Something like that would debunk many ideas and beliefs of many people, completely rocking the foundations of society. Who knows, maybe that could be a good thing. Maybe that will be the only thing that would bring peace to the world, the thought that there could be an external threat out there that would bring us together as a world to protect it.

I truly believe that there are a lot of mysteries to humanity that have yet to be rediscovered and I find it all quite fascinating.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think the ancients were far more advanced in knowledge then we think. I believe there are some stunning revelations about our past and how we came to be that have been discovered in the ancient ruins like the Great Pyramids thats being covered up. But most believe it to be hog wash and that nothing will happen like the Y2K fear in 2000. Still many believe something will happen in 2012. Some are saying Obama is the anti-christ because he will be president on December 22, 2012 and the fact that he is suppose to fit the characteristics of the anti-christ. Some believe that 2012 will be the year that extraterrestrials will finally reveal themselves to the masses. Even in the case of the Mayans and Native Americans, they believed that gods with white hair and snow white skin would return from the heavens to earth in 2012. Ironically that is the exact description of some extraterrestrials (the tall whites) Its also the exact description of angels in the book of Enoch. Gard its very interesting you bring up stories about ancient drawing describing air craft with people from the skies. scientists recently found an ancient cave drawing that shows what appears to be a man in some sort of space suit, a saucer shaped craft hovering above a field with spiral patterns on the ground (crop circles?) there are two people in the corner that have a terrified look on their faces and what interesting about this cave drawing is that it is framed with a serpent circling it. As we know the serpent represents Satan. It represent gods and knowledge in the ancient world which sounds a lot like the Adam and Eve story which describes the serpent tricking Adam and Eve into eating from the tree of "knowledge".

This was a small figurine from ancient Sumeria. It depicts what looks like a man wearing an astronaut suit of sorts complete with goggles, helmet and gloves. It also shows him holding an odd looking bent weapon, resembling a boomerang. Anunnaki literally translates from ancient Sumerian, "Those who from Heaven to Earth came." The Anunnaki are the same beings Mayans believed would return in 2012. The Anunnaki are also the same as the Nephilim (fallen angels) that are mentioned in the book of Genesis in the Bible.

2863709411_e8b4e294c1.jpg

here is ancient cave art from Australia that looks like the modern day grey aliens. Did they believe something would happen in 2012 as well?

kimberley03.jpg

prehistoric cave art (color was added on the TV program to bring the image out to the viewers at home)

2407860989_c1fc5358bf_o.jpg

the cave image has been put on coffee mugs and t-shirts. clearly it looks like a saucer shaped UFO picking up cattle and people and you can see people in the object in the sky with weird shaped heads.

ufo_cave_art_mug-p1682817513367588033sgm_400.jpg

Some also believe that there will be World War 3 in 2012. There are so many things people believe will happen in 2012. It will be interesting to see if anything at all will happen. I hear there are some people building their personal bomb shelters stocked with food in preparation for 2012.

Check out these link for what some believe will happen in 2012

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/15472.asp

This link is 6 part video from the History Channel. Its pretty scary stuff if you take any of it seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM...feature=related

found in a temple in Egypt near the ceiling. looks like a modern day helicopter, planes and a strange cigar shaped craft. There is a strange theory that our future is really our past and that time is a loop. its a way out there theory.

ufo2600bchieroplanes.gif

cityboi, why do I feel you're going to do a Heaven's Gate Dec 21, 2012? Not to say that there are a lot of things we don't know and a lot of things seem more than coinsidence, but people still try to read a lot of things into what isn't there. That poem could simply have been her imagination of a world to come. There are a lot of sentences you didn't explain just as I couldn't find anything there. I can write a poem of things that I think man-kind can do in the future, have it discovered and people would be like, whoa Nostradamus II. I believe what we've accomplished over the last 400 years, while remarkable and fast, was inevitable. Some predictions are made focusing on man-kind's nature and repeated actions. Man's ways have never changed. With more advances in technology one can simply put two and two together and say our destructive power would increase. Hey if the Snuggie was predicted, I'd be hooked. As far as the anti-Christ thing, Clinton and W were both the anti-Christ.

However, I do worry about that date. We could experience something we could only create in a sci-fi movie. Or, there could be this new world order thing people have been talking about for some years. It's possible Jesus may come back. But there is no doubt, we're currently in a decline and perhaps Dec 22, 2012 is the day it all turns around and we'll rise from the ashes. This time is armageddon, perhaps not in the Biblical sense, but this is the end of what we know and a new beginning is on the way.

Sure Circuit City is gone, sure several big banks are gone or being restructured, sure GM looks like it's going to go poof, who said these businesses had to stay around forever? There will be tons of new businesses emerging and a new way of doing business. Let us look to a brighter day than gloom, the end isn't always the end.

cityboi, why do I feel you're going to do a Heaven's Gate Dec 21, 2012? Not to say that there are a lot of things we don't know and a lot of things seem more than coinsidence, but people still try to read a lot of things into what isn't there. That poem could simply have been her imagination of a world to come. There are a lot of sentences you didn't explain just as I couldn't find anything there. I can write a poem of things that I think man-kind can do in the future, have it discovered and people would be like, whoa Nostradamus II. I believe what we've accomplished over the last 400 years, while remarkable and fast, was inevitable. Some predictions are made focusing on man-kind's nature and repeated actions. Man's ways have never changed. With more advances in technology one can simply put two and two together and say our destructive power would increase. Hey if the Snuggie was predicted, I'd be hooked. As far as the anti-Christ thing, Clinton and W were both the anti-Christ.

However, I do worry about that date. We could experience something we could only create in a sci-fi movie. Or, there could be this new world order thing people have been talking about for some years. It's possible Jesus may come back. But there is no doubt, we're currently in a decline and perhaps Dec 22, 2012 is the day it all turns around and we'll rise from the ashes. This time is armageddon, perhaps not in the Biblical sense, but this is the end of what we know and a new beginning is on the way.

Sure Circuit City is gone, sure several big banks are gone or being restructured, sure GM looks like it's going to go poof, who said these businesses had to stay around forever? There will be tons of new businesses emerging and a new way of doing business. Let us look to a brighter day than gloom, the end isn't always the end.

Very intersting thread. The Mayans sure were brilliant....could it be the begining of a new age?? Good question! How they got the Sun to shine in that tunnel of the pyramid during the "Equinox" is mind-boggling!!

BTW the "anti-christ" is to come from the EU (revived Roman Empire); and the one world government(NWO) nearing the door step. Sometimes truth is more bizarre than fiction. The Smart Card and micro-chip talk that was scoffed at 20 years ago is being taken more seriously now. Don't want to get too deep...but they know what's up.

The Summerians were brilliant too but they were much older than the Mayans. How were they able to know not only how many planets were in our solar system but were able to describe them in detail such as their color? There werent telescopes or NASA space satellites to confirm this in those historic times. They also spoke of a 10th planet called "Niburu" and it was where the Anunnaki were from. Astronomers are now detecting a large body beyond Pluto that appears to be circling the sun in an eliptical orbit. They refer to this known body as "Planet X". So how did the ancients know these things? There are only two explainations. Either they went out there or someone else came here and told them. There is no evidence on earth that the Summerians or Mayans went to outer space so that only leaves one explanation which conforms to their stories of gods coming from the heavens to give man knowledge. Coincidently this large body beyond Pluto has been connected to the year 2012.

Archived