EQ3 to become peppinos sports bar (with outdoor seating)

gvsusean

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As happy as I am to see that space filled again (and it's one of my favorite spaces), I can't help but think....ugh...another sports bar! I just hope they do a better job than the Queens Pub. I still mourn for the old Bombay Cuisine and the charm it once had in that space...

For a venue like the one they are planning, the parking lot could be more of a hinderance or headache as it is way to small for their needs. Outdoor seating there could work out nicely with the parking ramp being right next door.

It sounds like a great fit for that location. I'm sure many of the Heartside residence will enjoy having Peppinos there.

~John

I can't imagine the State St. location would close. They do a lot of deliveries and a lot of cops, fireman and other regulars go there. Its near downtown and has more convenient parking that the EQ3 location.

I'm pretty "ugh" about sports bars as well. In my opinion a new sports bar is kind of like building a new BK or MCD's, it is another alternative but one I probably won't go to however I'm not typical downtown bar crowd either and I think this would do well down there. At least it will be locally owned, create jobs and generate revenue for the city.

Just from a family standpoint, the restaurant choices downtown are pretty much....not much. The BOB is too smoky. TGIF is just TGIF, which you can find anywhere else in the metro area. I'd definitely check it out, especially if they have kids nights like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Just from a family standpoint, the restaurant choices downtown are pretty much....not much. The BOB is too smoky. TGIF is just TGIF, which you can find anywhere else in the metro area. I'd definitely check it out, especially if they have kids nights like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Here's the site plan for Peppino's. The entire parking lot won't be gone, but at least the Ionia frontage will have outdoor seating to fill the gap. Apparently the lease has been signed. Goes before the city for liquor license approval.

3371013054_80ce09a544_b.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived