Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

I've seen drawings that looked pretty darned detailed as well, to make me think this is finally happening. Sure would like to see it finally go.

Yeah, this thing is happening. I hope October is it, and it is finally going up. The highrise is going dramatically change that corner. Now if only the Market lot would be developed....

This is one of my favorite projects that I've been looking forward to. Not only is it adding more people and density with the condos and apartments in the tower, but the venue adds another venue that we need entertainment wise that seats about just as much as the devos performance hall. It will hopefully bring bigger names here than the intersection does now and may help downtown gr be a place where things are going on more frequently. A sight that I am eager to see! 

Well the verdict is here.. It's topping out at 12 stories.. I guess we are truly the city of 12 stories!

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2015/08/michigan_tax_credits_approved.html#incart_river_mobile

Right. This will be project #5 at 12 stories:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/116911-gr-the-city-of-12-stories/

I agree. I'm not quite as excited about this project as I once was. When it was potentially going to be 20 stories I was. Heck, when it was even 14 stories i was. But dropping down to 12 stories makes me feel as though it will just blend in with downtown gr and not stand out unfortunately.. We'll see though.

I agree. I'm not quite as excited about this project as I once was. When it was potentially going to be 20 stories I was. Heck, when it was even 14 stories i was. But dropping down to 12 stories makes me feel as though it will just blend in with downtown gr and not stand out unfortunately.. We'll see though.

This is exactly how i feel about it. Still, it will fill in a pretty vacant hole in the skyline from Van Andel, and that will be nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...