Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

7 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Are you able to do any during the day? Or just at night. I guess in a few months it will be light out much later anyway. Thanks for the pics!

I work nights, so that's when I am able to get pictures. Soon I'll be able to get some in the morning I hope once daylight gets longer.

But I'm glad it's so bright at night, so you can see some stuff.

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 7:49 AM, GRDadof3 said:

http://www.grbj.com/articles/84556-project-set-to-change-fulton-street-landscape

"He said the new building in a prominent location helps establish what buildings in downtown will look like going forward."

Huh?

Also, don't miss out on this quote “Grand Rapids has a lot of great historic buildings with a lot of character. Now we get to build taller, brighter, with bigger windows.”

So taller equals eight stories?

I. Just. Can't.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

Well la di da, Mr. Daytime shots!

Not but for real, thank you for the shots. Sorry mine aren't better, but better than nothing I suppose.

Haha. Yes, keep yours coming. You have a better vantage point, just can't wait until they're brighter. 

49 minutes ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

Me too. My phone actually lights up the shot a little. So it's actually darker in person.

Think we see a tower crane soon?

Not sure if there will be one or not? There's a lot of room for a boom crane to move around on the site. 

Otherwise I'm thinking one of those square pads that they're getting ready to pour between the tower foundation (the two big squares) and the BOB maybe, could end up being a tower crane base. One of those appears to be where the elevator for the Venue will go. 

The construction people on this forum can probably answer this, but I think they often put tower cranes in elevator cores because it's one of the few sections of the building that's open all the way from the foundation to the roof? 

If I've totally lost you, I think these red boxes signify the elevator core. 

Venue Elevator Core.jpg

• Like 1