Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Opening lineup:

http://www.20monroelive.com/?c=lnsm_ct_grandrapids_calendar_mixed_ss_111416

I must be old, I've never heard of most of these groups. :)

It's a decently wide range, some classic rock, some 90s rock, a handful of jam bands, and a few (I assume) newer bands I haven't heard of. Flaming Lips is the only show I'd be really excited to see, they normally play much bigger venues or outdoor festivals. 

2 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Opening lineup:

http://www.20monroelive.com/?c=lnsm_ct_grandrapids_calendar_mixed_ss_111416

I must be old, I've never heard of most of these groups. :)

seriously never heard of most? Looks like a good mix and remember its 2500 seats not a 12000 arena, most of the acts are a little older or ussually play with big lineups not necessarily arena headliners. Its nice to see a few of the bigger named local bands uup there (Verve Pipe and Pop Evil)

2 hours ago, GR8scott said:

seriously never heard of most? Looks like a good mix and remember its 2500 seats not a 12000 arena, most of the acts are a little older or ussually play with big lineups not necessarily arena headliners. Its nice to see a few of the bigger named local bands uup there (Verve Pipe and Pop Evil)

It's a good mix of genres too. I'm sure it's just the beginning and they'll plug in more acts now that they've made the initial announcement.

Joe

3 hours ago, GR8scott said:

I wasn't being critical so put away the snark. 

I've heard of Umphrey's McGee, Lynyrd Skykyrd, Shinedown, Verve Pipe, Peter Frampton and Primus. 6 of the 19. It's like when Meijer Gardens' lineup is announced, usually don't know half of them. I assume you have to be into indie music stations or really into creating your own playlists or sharing music with friends, which I'm not into that shit. :) 

Party on! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSutterKing said:

These are all solid acts that have good  size followings for their particular genre.

Good job House of Blues entertainment.

^^Agreed

I can't tell what's going on at street level, but based on this view I think they should move the marquee here, since that's where it would appear ticket holders will enter.  Plus, it's right on the street, whereas the other spot is inset and blocked by the nearby walls.

IMAG0071.thumb.jpg.910c9b9ab15cc5c85fba68daf4dbb1df.jpg

Sorry to borrow your photo @ironyisadeadscene.

Edited by RegalTDP