Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

It seems like the finishing work isn't done on this building, but maybe I'm wrong. I expected a marquee like the above photo from the get-go, it just took an extra 2 months.  I would be very surprised if they left the bare concrete on the exterior and did not continue to add flourish and character, inside and out, but then again...GRAM...

Inside, while I would love more character than just gold drapes covering concrete walls, if they didn't do a thing with it, it won't bother me.  It is still a killer place for a concert, and livenation is doing a great job of bringing in a great variety of acts (even if they have to literally give away tickets to events like "midget wrestling"). 

• Like 1

They are bringing in some great acts!  I don't like the overall look of the outside but the one thing that gives me hope is that Gilmore is always tweaking their properties. I expect what we see today will be changes several times over the next few years. Maybe a giant steam pig busting through the facade? Artprize 2017 here we come!! :)

have they announced when they'll start the beer garden? That'll add a lot of visual interest to the south side of the property. 

Joe

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

have they announced when they'll start the beer garden? That'll add a lot of visual interest to the south side of the property. 

Joe

Talked to a BOB employee a week ago, she had no idea. The last the employees she knew had heard was that it was to be built.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So what's the deal with the Beer Garden? Seems like it wouldn't be that big of a project and I thought it would be ready for summer (or at least ArtPrize). I was just walking by there the other night and noticed that spot looks unfinished. 

I also had a guy ask me and my kids for directions right outside the Venue...since my kids were petting his wife's dog I asked him if he was visiting GR. As we chatted, it turns out he has been the drummer for Tesla (who was playing there last saturday) for the last 30 years. Nice guy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mpchicago said:

Even if they don't complete a patio by ArtPrize, I would think they could have a makeshift patio to take advantage of the crowds.  However, it appears there is still enough room for a giant pig...

artprize-steam-pig3.jpg

Whatever happened to that pig after Artprize?  I loved that thing.  Bring back the Steampunk Piggie!  

26 minutes ago, x99 said:

Whatever happened to that pig after Artprize?  I loved that thing.  Bring back the Steampunk Piggie!  

Last we heard, it's in pieces, sitting in storage somewhere: 

http://www.mlive.com/artprize/index.ssf/2014/05/artprize_2010s_steampig_experiment_will_fly_again_in_locally_produced_film.html

EDIT: Also, regarding the film, its Facebook Page says it will be showing at ArtPrize this year.

Edited by RegalTDP

• GRDadof3 changed the title to Venue Cube at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue
  • GRDadof3 changed the title to Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue
  • 4 weeks later...