Venue Tower at the BOB - 20 Monroe Live - House of Blues/Live Nation Venue

Sailor

So can I flag this project--which still seems to have no captive parking--as a bellwether determining whether no parking residential is viable in a "tight parking" downtown?  Of everything currently under construction, this has to be the most speculative by a country mile.  I honestly thought they would cancel it or revise the plans, but it seems they're charging forward anyhow.  Even most of the Chicagoland developers aren't this ballsy.  So here's to the gamblers... Good luck to 'em.

5 hours ago, x99 said:

So can I flag this project--which still seems to have no captive parking--as a bellwether determining whether no parking residential is viable in a "tight parking" downtown?  Of everything currently under construction, this has to be the most speculative by a country mile.  I honestly thought they would cancel it or revise the plans, but it seems they're charging forward anyhow.  Even most of the Chicagoland developers aren't this ballsy.  So here's to the gamblers... Good luck to 'em.

The tower portion has been massively scaled down. That's why people are calling it stubby. 

9 hours ago, x99 said:

I agree. It'll be interesting to see how well it does with no onsite parking and very little availability in the ramps nearby. 

Joe

On March 15, 2016 at 8:51 AM, GRDadof3 said:

Was that reported previously? I don't recall seeing that. 

I don't know if it was reported previously but if it wasn't then I'm reporting it now.  I have a highly placed source on the inside who told me this.   Much higher than the cleaning lady. 

1 hour ago, jas49503 said:

I don't know if it was reported previously but if it wasn't then I'm reporting it now.  I have a highly placed source on the inside who told me this.   Much higher than the cleaning lady. 

So the last article I remember stated that there were 88 units, so they must have secured 88 spaces in Ottawa Fulton ramp. Probably won't be an issue since a lot of the apartment dwellers will have their cars during the day when it's used heavily by downtown workers (and vice versa).