Shovel-Ready List?

Snaple4

So what do you think?

First on the list (not sure if they are in order of importance) is a feasibility study for Amtrak from LR to Fayetteville (! That would be absolutely amazing! I think a passenger rail from Greenland to BellaVista would be better but I won't complain if we get something like that instead. We also have our 71B/Fulbright exchange just south of the NWA Mall. That would be great, I just hope they do it right... Maybe make the side streets one-way... There is also a 540/Joyce interchange? Does that mean a new off/on ramp?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what do you think?

First on the list (not sure if they are in order of importance) is a feasibility study for Amtrak from LR to Fayetteville (! That would be absolutely amazing! I think a passenger rail from Greenland to BellaVista would be better but I won't complain if we get something like that instead. We also have our 71B/Fulbright exchange just south of the NWA Mall. That would be great, I just hope they do it right... Maybe make the side streets one-way... There is also a 540/Joyce interchange? Does that mean a new off/on ramp?

That is just from the Mayors' organization that put together shovel ready projects in advance of the stimulus.

I haven't seen anything detailing how Arkansas' money will be spent, although I am almost certain that all of those projects will not be done.

Fayetteville plans ahead well, and had more projects for more $ in the pipeline than any other Arkansas city. As I understand it, the stimulus money is going to the state governments and they are deciding how to spend it. I think the state is going to spread it out pretty evenly around the state.

Someone correct me if you have conflicting information.

That is just from the Mayors' organization that put together shovel ready projects in advance of the stimulus.

I haven't seen anything detailing how Arkansas' money will be spent, although I am almost certain that all of those projects will not be done.

Fayetteville plans ahead well, and had more projects for more $ in the pipeline than any other Arkansas city. As I understand it, the stimulus money is going to the state governments and they are deciding how to spend it. I think the state is going to spread it out pretty evenly around the state.

Someone correct me if you have conflicting information.

Archived