Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grandrapidsne

Sonic Burger

81 posts in this topic

Could not find the original post regarding sonic. Looks like they got approval for the Sonic on 54th st and construction is under way. :rolleyes:

Finally, haven't they been planning one for some years now, I miss them since I moved back from Texas.

Oh thanks yeah its actually on Clyde Park loooks like it will be ready by April or May.

nice, i am tired of seeing commercials about breakfast sandwichs and fruity syrup drinks i cannot have, i had hoped the marketing team didnt get the wrong zip code to comcast.

this is comcastic

There is a Facebook group for the new Sonic. The creator of the group contacted the VP of Trigo Hospitality, who said that it should be open in late April to early May. There is another post on the page that says the opening date will be April 22. The April-May ballpark seems to be about right.

Glad to see Sonic (as well as Chipotle recently) finally breaking into the GR region. I tell you having spent some significant time now in Columbus, OH there are a lot of chains I would like to see expand into GR.

-White Castle

-Cosi

-Mimi's Cafe

-Tim Hortons

Just to name a few.

I think White Castle burgers are amazing!

Agreed.

Personally I have never viewed the Ohio capital city as a happenin' kind of town which should be emulated in my adopted hometown (i.e. Favorite City, this one).

Apparently someone wants to build a Sonic on Alpine Ave also (I think across from the new Wal Mart). They are trying to get ZBA approval so they can have 22 drive-in stalls. Wow. I've never been to a Sonic and didn't realize there are 22 drive-in stalls. This must take up a lot of space.

Apparently someone wants to build a Sonic on Alpine Ave also (I think across from the new Wal Mart). They are trying to get ZBA approval so they can have 22 drive-in stalls. Wow. I've never been to a Sonic and didn't realize there are 22 drive-in stalls. This must take up a lot of space.

Regulations also prohibit LED lighting

Why?

This seems like a blast from the past: the days of $1 gas. With so many available parcels south of the freeway, I don't understand why their site acquisition folks don't throw some logic and sustainability into the equation.

The whole concept of Sonic seems unsustainable to me- not just their choice of location- so I completely understand why they want to build where there's more motor traffic. Also, I don't frequent this area too often, but I would imagine there is much more vacant land up towards Comstock Park...but I could be way off.

They don't seem any less sustainable than any other fast food restaurant that is designed around the automobile and built in an area of giant strip malls and a sea of parking lots.