Sonic Burger

Grandrapidsne

I agree--they also add another degree of separation between us and where our food comes from. Who knows where the meat in a Sonic burger came from? I mean, I totally understand their appeal-- they are convenient and predictable--but are they really the kind of industry we want to support?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree--they also add another degree of separation between us and where our food comes from. Who knows where the meat in a Sonic burger came from? I mean, I totally understand their appeal-- they are convenient and predictable--but are they really the kind of industry we want to support?

They probably get their food from Sysco or Gordon Food Service. Both offer superb service and excellent food quality. If your dad was a quality manager at one of these two companies for a number of years, you'd have a better perception of how these companies are regulated by the FDA to go head of heels for you to scoff at their food. The only thing, personally, I would be worried about in the slightest, would be the food that is transported from Mexico to the United States. Thats were almost all of the contaminated food comes from.

This is why, with the exception of local restuarants that purchase their ingredients directly from local farmers (and there are a few that do) I don't really think there is much difference between all the restaurants out there. IMO a burger from Burger King is essentially the same as one from McDonalds, or anywhere else. So what I amazes me is that there is a market for Sonic, which is just the same stuff served in a different colored paper wrapper. Just so I am clear, I'm not saying the food is poison or anything, just that it all comes from the same processing plants.

For me, the appeal of a Sonic is not so much the food. It's that it's a surviving throwback to an era that has left us. An era where drive-in resturaunts were commonplace, drive-in theaters, when it was common for attendants to fill your car up for you at gas stations. Not that I'm saying the extreme focus on the car was a good thing, but that age is behind us and it's still fun to enjoy history once in a while.

Why on Earth would some people being excited about having a new restaraunt turn into a political discussion? My guess is that some people just ahve to turn everything into a political discussion.

I personally can't wait to get a sonic burger and limeade. I must admit part of the appeal is we don't have one here, and I rarely travel to places that do, but they are tasy!

• 2 weeks later...

When the Sonic in Flint opened there was like an hour wait. They filled every single lot then they had an overflow line that held like 20 cars. Then there was a line about .25 miles long. It was kind of rediculous. The police had to direct traffic. I hope the same problems will exists with this one. But it will be insane for a couple of weeks after it opens.

^^Dad, this reminds me of an infinity mirror.

ETA: To complete the linkage, I just referred a FB buddy to here.

There is a Steak & Shake (sp?) immediately adjacent to the subject property. Last week S&S had adverts-on-a-stick posted in the parkway (i.e. the grassy strip alongside the street). These are die-cut color photos of shakes with a Happy Hour description.

(memo to self: use a different Menard's for a while)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seems like an odd spot to place a Sonic. I mean the visability will be good but I drove by it tonight just seems like such a small space they are working with compared to the Clyde Park location.

Archived