• Last Reply

http://www.pghregatta.com/

0701tkreg1-a.jpg

0701tkregatta-a.jpg

0701tkfire-a.jpg

Regatta events:

RegattaVision Jumbo Screen, noon to 6 p.m., Main Lawn

Jet Ski Stunt Show, 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m., 3 to 3:30 p.m. , Allegheny River

AAA East Central "Perfection on Wheels" BMX Stunt Team, 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; 2:30 to 3 p.m.; 4 to 4:30 p.m., 5:30 to 6 p.m. Main Lawn

Bayer K-9 Advantix America's Best Frisbee Dog Show, 1:30 to 2 p.m., 3:30 to 4 p.m. Main Lawn

Jet Ski Racing, 2 to 2:30 p.m., 4:30 to 5 p.m., 6 to 6:30 p.m. Allegheny River.

RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon Rides-FREE!, 4 to 7 p.m., Main Lawn

U.S. NAVY Nighthawk MH-60 Helicopter River Rescue Demonstration (Tentative), 5 to 5:30 p.m., Ohio river.

Hot Boat Parade, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Allegheny River.

Regatta Concert Series

CAKE, 7 to 10:30 p.m., Symphony Stage

SATURDAY

Kids events: Regatta Children's Village; ALCOSAN Creation Station; Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Children's Stage; Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Giant Inflatable Playzone; Giant Inflatable Playzone; MSA Safety Works Safety House; Allegheny County Children's Village Face Painting, Child IDs, Games, Kiddie Carousel and Kaufmann's Children's Entertainers, noon to 6 p.m

Regatta events

Shore Based Fishing Derby, 10 a.m. to noon, Allegheny/Monongahela rivers

Bayer K-9 Advantix America's Best Frisbee Dog Show, 11:30 a.m. to noon, 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., 3:30 to 4 p.m. Main Lawn

Jet Ski Stunt Show, noon to 12:30 p.m., 2:30 to 3 p.m., 6:30 to 7 p.m. Allegheny River

AAA East Central "Perfection on Wheels" BMX Stunt Team, noon to 12:30 p.m., 2:30 to 3 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m., 5:30 to 6 p.m. Main Lawn

Jet Ski Racing,, 12:30 to 1 p.m., 6 to 6:30 p.m. Allegheny River

Kennywood Park Anything That Floats Race, 1 to 2 p.m., Allegheny/Monongahela

U.S. NAVY Gun Boat Demonstration, Mock Life Fire, 2 to 2:30 p.m., Ohio River

RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon Rides, 4 to 7 p.m., Main Lawn

Poker Run Boat Tournament, (tentative) 5 to 5:30 p.m., Monongahela River

U.S. NAVY Nighthawk MH-60 Helicopter River Rescue Demonstration, (tentative), 5 to 5:30 p.m., Ohio River

U.S. NAVY Gun Boat Demonstration (mock live fire), 5:30 to 6 p.m., Ohio River.

Lighted Boat Parade, 10 to 11 p.m., Allegheny/Monongahela rivers

Regatta Concert Series:

Hootie & The Blowfish, with Tangerine, 7 to 10 p.m., Symphony Stage

SUNDAY

Kids events: Regatta Children's Village; ALCOSAN Creation Station; Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Children's Stage; Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Giant Inflatable Playzone; Giant Inflatable Playzone; MSA Safety Works Safety House; Allegheny County Children's Village Face Painting, Child IDs, Games, Kiddie Carousel and Kaufmann's Children's Entertainers, noon to 6 p.m.

Regatta events

Central Blood Bank Bloodmobile, noon to 5 p.m., Main Lawn

Keystone Masters & Corporate Regatta (Tentative) Kayak & Dragon Boat Races, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Allegheny River.

Bayer K-9 Advantix America's Best Frisbee Dog Show, noon to 12:30 p.m., 1 to 1:30 p.m., 2:30 to 3 p.m. Main Lawn

AAA East Central "Perfection on Wheels" BMX Stunt Team, 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m., 1:30 to 2 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m., 5 to 5:30 p.m. Main Lawn

U.S. NAVY Gun Boat Demonstration (Mock Live Fire) 2 to 2:30 p.m., Ohio River

Jet Ski Stunt Show, 3 to 3:30 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m. Allegheny River

Jet Ski Racing, 3:30 to 4 p.m., 4:30 to 5 p.m. Allegheny River

U.S. NAVY Nighthawk MH-60 Helicopter River Rescue Demonstration (Tentative), 5 to 5:30 p.m. Ohio River

U.S. NAVY Gun Boat Demonstration (Mock Live Fire) 5:30 to 6 p.m., Allegheny River

WISH 99.7 FM Regatta Thunder Fireworks In Memory of George Zambelli, Sr., 9:30 10 p.m., Ohio River.

Regatta Concert Series

Artist to be announced, 3 to 4:30 p.m., Symphony Stage

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, 8 to 9:30 p.m., Symphony Stage

Monday

Kids events:

Regatta Children's Village; ALCOSAN Creation Station; Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Children's Stage; Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Giant Inflatable Playzone; Giant Inflatable Playzone; MSA Safety Works Safety House; Allegheny County Children's Village Face Painting, Child IDs, Games, Kiddie Carousel and Kaufmann's Children's Entertainers, noon to 6 p.m.

Regatta events

RegattaVision Jumbo Screen, noon to 6 p.m., Main Lawn.

Sailing Tournament, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Allegheny River

AAA East Central "Perfection on Wheels" BMX Stunt Team, noon to 12:30 p.m., Main Lawn.

Bayer K-9 Advantix America's Best Frisbee Dog Show, 1 to 1:30 p.m., 2:30 to 3 p.m. Main Lawn.

AAA East Central "Perfection on Wheels" BMX Stunt Team, 1:30 to 2 p.m., 3 to 3:30 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m. Main Lawn

Jet Ski Stunt Show, 2 to 2:30 p.m., 3:30 to 4 p.m., 4:30 to 5 p.m, Allegheny River

Jet Ski Racing, 3 to 3:30 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m. Allegheny River

Regatta Concert series

"Country in the City" Presented by FROGGY 98.3 FM Starring Phil Vassar with special guests Dallas Marks, Billy Currington and Povertyneck Hillbillies, 1 p to 7 p.m., Symphony Stage

I went down there for the fireworks and had a nice time. But I was dissappointed that they emphasized the Regatta so much. Everyone came to see 4th of July fireworks, so why even try to call them Regatta fireworks? Oh well, on the bright side I do think it was intelligent to combine them and save money.

I went to the Regatta every day of it. I saw "Cake" on Friday, the "anything that floats" race and "Hootie and the Blowfish" on Saturday, the symphony and fireworks on Sunday, and I got myself up on Monday morning to watch the first ever sailboat race in Pittsburgh's history. My only complaint was that everything (beer, funnel cake, lemonade, etc) all cost $5 dollars each.

KC, thats too funny, but at least you get the 4th 2 times this year!

jj00, thats right man the sailboat race was awesome, usually that stuff is only seen as a "boston" or "san francisco" thing, cities with class and all, not some rivertown in Pennsylvania, it was nice to see the city embrace that for the 4th. With the $5 refreshments, I wonder how much of that was the tax LOL.

Archived