One American Place

southeastBR

1180 PeachTree/Symphony Center is in Mid-Town Atlanta...an extension of downtown. :thumbsup:

^I wish an RSL (Retirement Systems of Louisiana) :lol: would build an impressive high-rise tower for Baton Rouge; like RSA did for Mobile! But.... I'm still wondering how a 35-story building can be 746'ft tall?? It drew a little controversy(depending on how you judge skyscrapers?) as the Tallest Bldg between Houston & Tampa/Miami; when NOLA's One Shell Square is 51-stories! But no additions/crown/spire; so it's only 697'ft.

Baton Rouge & Mobile have alot of similarities as two cities on the rise in the Gulf South!

One Shell Square is another one of those buildings I find incredible bland and boring . . . we (Louisiana) need to do better when deciding the design scheme for our cities tallest buildings lol

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I have always wanted for downtown BR was/is a "new landmark tower" between One American Place & Chase Towers....

Maybe a "smaller" version similar to Key Tower in Cleveland...something 30-35 stories/400-500'ft...and "light up" the crown at night!

keytower.jpg

*The irony is with Cleveland their Terminal Tower(similar to our State Capitol) built way back in 1930 was the city's Tallest until finally Key Tower was built in 1991. It's time for something striking to the skyline; something that's not bland/boring!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

A lot happening at One American Place!!

Times-Picayune chooses One American Place for B.R. office

NOLA Media Group will open a ground-floor office in One American Place in downtown Baton Rouge as soon as major renovations are complete later this year, the company announced today. The lease is part of The Times-Picayune’s increased coverage of news, sports and entertainment in Baton Rouge. One American Place will be the headquarters for Baton Rouge presence on the NOLA.com website and Baton Rouge edition of The Times-Picayune. The Times-Picayune has moved to a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday publishing cycle and has put more focus on its digital operation. In addition to the reporting staff, advertising sales staff will be located in the downtown office. "Our 16 Nola Media Group employees who will live and work in the Baton Rouge region will have a great headquarters from which to cover the region," says Ricky Mathews, NOLA Media Group president. NOLA says it has a long-term lease at One American Place and will gut, design and construct its space to configure to Nola Media Group’s operational, aesthetic and technical needs. Brett Butler, senior project manager with Progressive Architecture & Engineering, said the workspace environment is designed to provide an energetic experience focused on collaboration, mobility, brainstorming and digital innovation. The fluid, bright and open space will feature a media wall with large photographs from the company archives and will contain LCD monitors, projection systems and whiteboard space. To read the full story, click here.

Capital One moving downtown offices to One American Place

Capital One Bank is vacating its downtown offices at 440 Third St., putting the eight-story building up for sale and moving to One American Place, located less than a block away at 310 Main St., the bank announced today. "After deciding to put our current building up for sale, we knew we wanted to stay downtown," reads a statement from Ric Kearny, Baton Rouge area president for Capital One. "One American Place is centrally located downtown-just a short walk from our current building-and we believe our customers and associates will enjoy its quality office space and amenities." Staff will begin relocating in stages beginning this month, with all staff members expected to be in the new location by sometime in the first half of 2013. At that time, the branch lobby at 440 Third St. will be relocated to the ground floor of One American Place, while the bank's non-branch employees will occupy space on floors 17 and 18.

http://www.businessreport.com/section/daily-reportPM

I don't think the owners would want to pay for that type of improvement, especially when they just got a new majority tenant.

Exactly. They might replace and repair some parts of the building to keep their tenant happy....maybe even place a sign on the tower for whoever leases the most (or most expensive) space.

Major renovations typically come after the building is obsolete and tenants are harder to come by.

Exactly. They might replace and repair some parts of the building to keep their tenant happy....maybe even place a sign on the tower for whoever leases the most (or most expensive) space.

Major renovations typically come after the building is obsolete and tenants are harder to come by.

If demand for office space for downtown increases then we may see something. Does anyone happen to know the last time they renovated the interior? Do I remember them doing some upgrades around the time II City Plaza opened?

I realize the new tentant won't go for anything major...This is just a simple request...like widening Airline / Florida, etc...

The City's 2nd Tallest high-rise should not be virtually invisible at night! that is all....

A simple logo on all 4 sides of the building and new windows would make a world of difference. The dooky brown is out of style!

• 7 months later...

^A little late to reply now...but Capital One logo is on top of One American Place now; has been for lil' while.

For charity....Good ole Les Miles decided to rappel down BR's 2nd Tallest Skyscraper(24-stories) over 300 feet!

Les Miles rappels down skyscraper for charity (photos, video)

LSU head coach Les Miles is never one to shy away from having a little fun and Thursday the head coach pulled one of his most outlandish stunts to date for a good cause.

As part of an adoption awareness campaign called "Over The Edge for Adoption", Miles rapelled down the side of One American Place. At over 300 feet, the building is the second-tallest structure in downtown Baton Rouge and both fans and fellow LSU employees were there to document the feat with photos and videos that they quickly shared to social media.

*scroll down to see it all

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/les_miles_repels_down_skyscrap.html#incart_river

BLiVdNyCIAAf7P9.jpg

If someone scales my building it will go to either a charity of my choice or my own pocket.

Insurance risks are way to high for that to happen every weekend. Just a matter of time for someone to slip or a rope to break or a window to shatter.

If someone scales my building it will go to either a charity of my choice or my own pocket.

Insurance risks are way to high for that to happen every weekend. Just a matter of time for someone to slip or a rope to break or a window to shatter.

That was my thinking. The idea is a good one though. Would be fun for something like that to be possible.

Archived